All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ragey's list on EU
PostPosted: February 1st, 2017, 3:26 pm 
Site Administrator
[CxxS] Sonoma

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
     Quote:
Going forward for next tourney, I'd suggest a few base things to implement.

- Host needs to be clearly defined, early. There needs to be a sub host just incase anything should change for the first host.
- Any actions (such as bans) towards members from this last tournament need to be made known immediately to avoid confusion.
- Brackets need to be clearly defined, depending on sign ups either elimination or winner/loser bracket system to avoid confusion,
- Hosts/refs need to be neutral, and far removed from specific clans. This is a competitive game, affiliation can be in poor taste.
- Define the refs beforehand and define the processes for the ref accordingly (referring to blk incident)
- players must leave once they are defeated.
- Anyone other than ref/caster(s) needs to stay out of obs and watch the streams.
- Inquire the dates earlier and make players more accountable for making time for those dates.
- Remind caster/ref to take screenshots before leaving (I had a screenshot of game 1 btw)
- Current developer should be in full support once approval is made and allow hosts full control over events.

If I think of anything else I'll add it later.
EU-7: RAGEY'S POST-MORTEM - Page 5 - Marine Arena

So because i am banned over there and this pertains directly to you Monty I will address this right here. Either Ragey's memory is damaged, or he doesn't care to remember or simply trying to start drama this list is the most PARROT thing I have read.

Quote:
- Host needs to be clearly defined, early. There needs to be a sub host just incase anything should change for the first host.

You have done this for the last 3 tournaments already that I was a part of. lol

Quote:
- Any actions (such as bans) towards members from this last tournament need to be made known immediately to avoid confusion.

It was done/established/announced days prior to the tournament starting(that I could READ on the forums).

Quote:
- Brackets need to be clearly defined, depending on sign ups either elimination or winner/loser bracket system to avoid confusion,

I read the post where you did this! lol

Quote:
- Hosts/refs need to be neutral, and far removed from specific clans. This is a competitive game, affiliation can be in poor taste.
- Define the refs beforehand and define the processes for the ref accordingly (referring to blk incident)

Don't know enough about that situation to really comment on it.

Quote:
- players must leave once they are defeated.
- Anyone other than ref/caster(s) needs to stay out of obs and watch the streams.
- Inquire the dates earlier and make players more accountable for making time for those dates.
- Remind caster/ref to take screenshots before leaving (I had a screenshot of game 1 btw)
- Current developer should be in full support once approval is made and allow hosts full control over events.

Straight up PARROT, again this has been established for the last 3 tournaments I was a aprt of.

It blows my mind that these people can repeat the same crap over and over every single tournament without ever once trying to actually read what takes on before/during the actual tournament takes place.

I been keeping an eye on the EU tournament posts and although you did seem way more busy this tournament than previous one's you still covered all the bases and certianly addressed all the same BS crap that post was spewing so I hope that kind of crap doesn't phase you. But the repating BS over and over would drive me nuts.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Ragey's list on EU
PostPosted: February 1st, 2017, 5:02 pm 
Tournament OfficialDonor
[EZmode] Rageypoo.232

At it again eh Sonoma? Boy you just can't stop bringing EU into your forums can you.

Well, here we go, let me recap why I posted it.

Host needs to be clearly defined early -- Raynor was supposed to be the host, but then a thread was made saying that monty was actually the host. After quite a bit of confusion, eventually raynor stepped down and no one other than monty was willing to do it, putting him in the role with only a few weeks to go for the tournament. Having this role defined and solidified early sure would be great no?

Any actions (such as bans) need to be known immediately -- There was no ban in place for Raynor until a week or 2 before the tournament, then all of a sudden there was. This was rather inconvenient not just for him but his partner, and also for the director establishing the brackets and building the team list. So the idea is that if someone is punished, they need to do so sooner rather than later to avoid this scenario.

Brackets need to be clearly defined -- We did an 8 team bracket for 16 teams with no winner/loser bracket, which made no sense. The decision was rushed and caused confusion to the players. Being more transparent and defining how the brackets will work early on is better.

Host/refs need to be neutral -- unfortunately it seemed both monty and eury joined MAWIN and it pissed some players off. I have no idea why they chose to do that before the tournament, or if this was done much earlier, it was just something that was brought to my attention. Either way It brings into question possible bias and favoritism which only causes unecessary stress between the players and clans, so I encourage hosts or refs to be as neutral as possible.

Define the refs and the process -- Despite nukular being the ref, there was a problem with how to bring forward an issue with BLK to nukulars attention, and he inadvertently exposed a players units and strategy to the rest of the teams. Having a guideline to address the ref would be pretty nice to have to avoid another repeat.

Anyone other than ref/caster should not obs -- Despite this obvious rule, it wasn't followed.

Earlier dates and deadlines -- The dates were moved around quite a bit and uncleanly defined once monty took over and the previous forum went down. Several mentions of date changes were made and caused confusion. Solidifying a date and sticking to it is needed, I see date switches brought up constantly every tournament.

Remind casters to take screenshots -- Despite being the caster for game 1, monty did not ask me for a screenshot and instead asked eury to go into a replay that delayed game 3. I don't know if he forgot that we did that or just didn't want to trouble me or whatever the reason, but I was never asked to produce it. Reminding the casters to take screenshots is not a bad thing to do, specially since nukular was afaik, a new ref/caster.

And finally, developer needs to fully support the host -- There was an internal issue between Raiden and Eury/Monty that I am not informed enough to repeat, but essentially his presence was disruptive to hosting, so as requested the developer should do well to fully support the host and leave all decisions etc to said host.

So there you have it, I know it's hard for you to understand that although these things are relatively common sense to us, it still needed repeating as evident in what happened during EU-7, you think we'd have it figured out by now but hey, these things happen. It's unfortunate that my involvement in EU triggered you into once again, bringing EU business into US by making an unnecessary post in your forum.

<3 Ragey

Report this post

PostPosted: February 1st, 2017, 7:24 pm 
Site Administrator
[CxxS] Sonoma

First of all my post was addressed to Monty (a US player who hosted a EU tournament) on a US forums. This isn't "bringing" anything to anyone who isn't already involved and I wouldn't even had to do this if the empress of EU hadn't felt the need to abuse her own powers for the sake of feeling powerful.

Second of all I've addressed your whole list accurately. You are making a repeated parrot post about issues that already been addressed. Most of your points are invalid because you seem to have some delusion that MA events should be flawlessly executed all while dismissing the reality of certain things that took place, like the time frame between Raynor making a post acquiring about running a tournament to the point Monty stepped up to make one actually happen. Now I could sit here and "try" and explain my points addressing each of your list items but since my post was made to Monty and I think he understands what I was saying I see no further point in addressing it.

BTW Ragey, you can keep trying define this separation between EU and US but as I've already told you, there are works in play that even the almighty empress herself cannot stop. Bringing the two more together benefits all and you should be on board with that, not against it.

Report this post

PostPosted: February 1st, 2017, 8:21 pm 
Tournament OfficialDonor
[EZmode] Rageypoo.232

Sonoma wrote:
First of all my post was addressed to Monty (a US player who hosted a EU tournament) on a US forums. This isn't "bringing" anything to anyone who isn't already involved and I wouldn't even had to do this if the empress of EU hadn't felt the need to abuse her own powers for the sake of feeling powerful.

Second of all I've addressed your whole list accurately. You are making a repeated parrot post about issues that already been addressed. Most of your points are invalid because you seem to have some delusion that MA events should be flawlessly executed all while dismissing the reality of certain things that took place, like the time frame between Raynor making a post acquiring about running a tournament to the point Monty stepped up to make one actually happen. Now I could sit here and "try" and explain my points addressing each of your list items but since my post was made to Monty and I think he understands what I was saying I see no further point in addressing it.

BTW Ragey, you can keep trying define this separation between EU and US but as I've already told you, there are works in play that even the almighty empress herself cannot stop. Bringing the two more together benefits all and you should be on board with that, not against it.

I don't care who you're addressing it to, you said my name and quoted my post, if this was for monty only as you claim, then send him a PM. This post is nothing more than to flame me and you know it.

All of my points pertain to the events you were not a part of and have nothing to do with you, so your opinion on what is valid and not is irreverent.

I don't care if EU/MA stays divided or comes together and unifies as a single forum since it's ultimately the same game, but I do have issue with pretending that US has any business in EU affairs. If you were banned from that forum then I guess they don't want you involved now do they?

Monty, please lock and let it fade away with the rest of the topics in this dead forum.

Report this post

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2017, 11:54 am 
Site Administrator
[CxxS] Sonoma

I never said monty only, I said addressed to monty. This here is the tournament section of the US forums with a discussion about how tournaments should be handled which you created. Considering the same person does both it's perfectly acceptable to have this discussion here and since most of your points in your list are referring to having things hashed out before a tournament is under way then now is a perfect time!

The real question is, if you are going to go around saying stuff like this,
     Rageypoo wrote:
At this point I'm pretty sure you're just trying to pick petty fights, making you nothing more than a pathetic little faggot.
and call these forums "dead". Then why are you even here? Why keep coming back to check on this forum?

My post flames the fact that "people" not just Ragey continuously spews the same crap over and over AFTER a tournament rather than saying anything before or during when it would actually matter. It's the same crap too, "let's find something to complain about because it wasn't as perfect as I would like for it to be" all while completely over looking the factual data of what really happened. I think I know more about what went on with the EU tournament than you did for the simple fact that I can actually read forum posts and topics. Not to mention I was involved to a degree behind the curtain. ;)

BUT that post is a blanket post towards tournaments, namely one's that MONTY host that isn't EU Only and if you don't like it, then GTFO. You really have no business being here anyways.

Report this post

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2017, 12:23 pm 
Tournament OfficialDonor
[EZmode] Rageypoo.232

Sonoma wrote:
I never said monty only, I said addressed to monty. This here is the tournament section of the US forums with a discussion about how tournaments should be handled which you created. Considering the same person does both it's perfectly acceptable to have this discussion here and since most of your points in your list are referring to having things hashed out before a tournament is under way then now is a perfect time!

The real question is, if you are going to go around saying stuff like this,
     Rageypoo wrote:
At this point I'm pretty sure you're just trying to pick petty fights, making you nothing more than a pathetic little faggot.
and call these forums "dead". Then why are you even here? Why keep coming back to check on this forum?

My post flames the fact that "people" not just Ragey continuously spews the same crap over and over AFTER a tournament rather than saying anything before or during when it would actually matter. It's the same crap too, "let's find something to complain about because it wasn't as perfect as I would like for it to be" all while completely over looking the factual data of what really happened. I think I know more about what went on with the EU tournament than you did for the simple fact that I can actually read forum posts and topics. Not to mention I was involved to a degree behind the curtain. ;)

BUT that post is a blanket post towards tournaments, namely one's that MONTY host that isn't EU Only and if you don't like it, then GTFO. You really have no business being here anyways.

LOL and yet here you are, still trying to pick fights. BTW I came here because I get notifications from discord, so try to shit talk all you want to, I'm going to defend myself everytime Sonoma.

Mods, please lock thread.

Report this post

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2017, 12:34 pm 
Site Administrator
[CxxS] Sonoma

Mods can you remove all the posts up to my original plz, this matter has been taken care of

Report this post

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2017, 2:34 pm 
Site AdministratorModeratorMap DeveloperTournament OfficialDonor
JOSIN.433
Map Editor

Locking this thread because it is an argument

Report this post

[ 8 posts ]