It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: April 28th, 2018, 11:35 pm 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
Congratulations to Light's DreamTeam for winning the first season of Marine Arena League!
Dark's Warriors took 2nd, the Noob Pubstompers took 3rd, and the AFK Maestros, true to their name, were mostly AFK so they came in last.

Special mentions go to MicroJackson, Archonlord, Darkness, and Time, for showing up almost every week. Archonlord in particular basically carried his team with more than twice as many appearances as the rest of his teammates.

Also special mentions for substitutes who helped complete our matches when there weren't enough players: especially Fatalist (4), Leddy (4), Pocky (2), and DrkXFactr (2), who played multiple scrims.

Some thoughts about the format and the future:
-Darkness and I thought this format would work well to get everyone involved in 2 matches per week, including less experienced players. This worked out for the first match, but not so much after that.

-A solo league based on winshares might be better for the second season of MA league. This might also result in fewer matches with the same teams over and over.

-Still working on prizes, those will probably be done after my finals week (next week).

Report this post

PostPosted: April 29th, 2018, 12:07 am 
Donor
MicroJacksonMA won a Tournament 2 times.

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
This is a massive F U who called LIGHT a noob clan haha. Anyways I would like to thank these specific individuals who made this team win (these are also the people who I chose who deserve the prizes) MrStabby not only an amazing player but a good friend, stabby showed devotion to winning, even counting up how many times we needed to win to win the whole league. PANDA is another valuable player who was one of the ones who made several matches winnable, not only is he good at MA but makes the animal proud. Natsu is one of my first friends in MA who voice chatted with me, known for making up builds that made me and others rage :). Lastly we have Quanticpsy, Quantic knew that he was a weaker player but he also knew that he could still contribute. I remember quantic showing up countless times even though he wasn’t gonna play and showing support for the team hyping us up and making us feel like we will win.

Thank you Akash and Darkness for hosting the league and making a competitive event like this happen in a time of the year that normally would not work.

Report this post

[ 2 posts ]