CELEBRATING 10 YEARS OF TMA!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: November 1st, 2019, 4:32 pm 
SPACEJAZZ.123

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
FIRST OF ALL. There is no way to contact anybody who made this game, is responsible for this game, etc. That's very unprofessional and annoying, I had to basically contact this forum and create an account to do so which is unnecessary because now you have my personal information, and more importantly my gamer ID which you DO NOT NEED. Then there's the 3 number Starcraft friend code... okay wtf is this a club or something of scammers? I just put in 123 and THANK GOD it let me put in words that can be read by SOMEBODY.

The issue I have with the game is that everybody who's a top level player starts with 500 mins, closing high income, okay cool no problem there. The issue is that heroes are way overpowered. Yes, I am a diamond level Terran player, I get that there is strategy and counters. So when people try to argue that zeratool is not overpowered in this game, when you use your one brief scan, and then all the sudden he blinks 500 yards into your main army line and you lose everything. The heroes at the beginning of the game just absolutely ruins any fun. I have played about 50 games and only won once. The reason for this is because if one loser picks a hero unit instead of using their freaking brains to actually try to micro units that are given, then the rest of the game is forced to make hero units, and or if everyone else does not, then that one player just crushes one person constantly. It's the same predictable nonsense that just makes me so angry like nobody had the foresight to think that this would ruin the game and the fun. For one, there's no real way for a new player to figure out everything he needs to do in order to be successful, there's no really tutorial, and yes I get it's not regular Starcraft, but it's definitely not easy to even know that your dark shrine for example is a building that builds stuff... took me about 5 game losses to figure that out because people are NOT HELPFUL. They want to troll you with their hero unit which just ruins the game.

The solution? make hero units unlock able after 20 minutes, or make them way expensive, or just allow for a REAL counter to something like a BC just one hitting 50 marines and getting all the money for it then running away... because that player likes to try to use micro SKILLS to win, not cheap sht plays.... This game has a lot of potential, but it really just demoralizes me when I get all excited to play some Starcraft mini games and then I jump into this one and there's that one faggot who has zeratool and you can't use an overlord like you'd think to make an overseer, no, scans are like worth more than gold, and he really isn't even killable if you DO scan him, you need a full supply army of marines just to take his shield. Then there's those pack of three hydras, they can burrow move and CAN'T be killed by a huge group of units. It makes ZERO sense to have such overpowered units that can easily kill barely upgraded units of a real player who wants to play the game the right way, and have fun and make a long game go for a while. -_-

Please fix this like right away, I'm tired of these punk ass bitches and their shitty attitudes picking hero units and having zero skill in actual micro and strategy. It's annoying and ruins the game.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 4th, 2019, 9:46 pm 
Site Administrator
[CxxS] Sonoma

Quote:
FIRST OF ALL. There is no way to contact anybody who made this game, is responsible for this game, etc. That's very unprofessional and annoying, I had to basically contact this forum and create an account to do so which is unnecessary because now you have my personal information, and more importantly my gamer ID which you DO NOT NEED. Then there's the 3 number Starcraft friend code... okay wtf is this a club or something of scammers? I just put in 123 and THANK GOD it let me put in words that can be read by SOMEBODY.

This game has multiple developers who are active at different times. The community surrounding this game has primarily used forums for communicating with the dev's since it's conception. However the lead developer Josin's email is listed on the info section of the map within the game I believe. I can assure you no personal information is ever used or given out. The Gamer ID is optional and hideable from within your profile. It is a convenience for those who do want to share it to make finding other MA players more accessible. again you choose to share that via the profile. Just like the 3 digit friend code there is no system in place that checks it's validity it's is purely there for those who don't mind others knowing it.

This map also has a Discord server which you can use to talk with developers that you can find information about here.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2019, 12:11 pm 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Hi onelonelyrando, welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear that you're frustrated - MA is a difficult game and it's very different from ladder. Many ladder GMs and even fully professional sc2 players have had a lot of difficulty when starting out with MA. I myself lost 200+ games before getting my first win.

Complaints about heroes are very common for beginners. Initially, it may seem difficult to use and counter them, but they are one of the 3 main branches of MA (the others being mercenaries and marines). This has been the case since the game's creation in 2010. Still, it's definitely possible to win without using heroes.

Regarding an in-game tutorial, it's something I have wanted for a long time. Many things in MA are definitely not intuitive, as you mentioned. The problem is that it would take a lot of time and effort to implement - time and effort that could be better spent on other dev work like balance, bugfixes, and new features. However, there is a "testmode" you can use to figure things out: simply create a private lobby and fill it with AI - you'll have unlimited money and testing codes to play around with.

As far as your concerns about specific units and improving at the game, I would advise 2 things:
1. Try playing those heroes yourself against good players, and see how they counter you. This applies to any strategy/unit that you think might be overpowered.
2. Check out some of the guides in the Guides section of this forum, including a beginner guide that I have written.

Happy MA-ing!

Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2019, 3:33 pm 
SPACEJAZZ.123

awww thank you so much Akash for your professional, and understanding response. It's so nice to see when people are kind to those who are experiencing frustration. I really appreciate it.

I had nooooo clue about the testing map! I am definitely going to do that :) thank you for the tip hehe, unlimited money you say?? ;) ;)

Also, you mentioned the time and effort to make a tutorial, well how about just do an overlay or something, like I just imagine writing instructions on a piece of paper, then making it fill the screen for a few seconds before the game starts. That way you don't have to worry so much about the gooey :) Like, make a simple diagram or something as a picture, that way everybody sees it before the game starts or something. It's simple, and shouldn't take much effort or time? idk, I'm not a tech god lol.

All the players are good LOL I won because my teammate carried me and guided me through all the correct counters, and I changed mercenaries like 3 times, so that helped :)

I do see the info for contact in game, but realistically nobody has a pen and paper for that lol just saying.

I can't wait to get in and try the game with a new attitude now :) thanks for the tips!!!!

Report this post

PostPosted: November 7th, 2019, 12:39 am 
Donor
MicroJacksonMA won a Tournament 2 times.

Bro it’s not hero arena it’s merc arena my 10 marines don’t kill 30 mutas god the devs suck.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 10th, 2019, 11:12 pm 
Site AdministratorModeratorMap DeveloperTournament OfficialDonor
JOSIN.433
Map Editor

Hello onelonelyrando

This forum is the right place to contact the developers.
You can post threads with questions, suggestions, or discussing strategies. I also recommend breaking up separate topi into separate threads so that the thread can stay on topic easier.

If you have a specific need requiring myself or one of the other devs attention, you can PM me/is directly on this forum. But most topics are usually better addressed in a thread and will certainly get a quicker response.

Report this post

PostPosted: October 31st, 2020, 12:44 pm 
EricTheRed.1346

Akash, making the OBS 300 to start makes the invis heroes way over-powered to start. Also, I've been waiting all summer for the Collosse's beam weapon to be fixed so it works.

Upping the health regeneration rate on the Collosse would be welcome.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 9th, 2020, 3:58 pm 
Gardul.1228

Obs for $300 has had some unintended consequences.

You used to be able to invest $350 and get an Obs along with enhanced detect (upgrade 1) which was extremely helpful against any cloaked or burrowed units. While HK and DT would still snowball if you didn't deal with them, a simple $150 unit would generally tremendously help you.

Now, it's $500 for the same upgrades ($300 obs, and $200 upgrade 1) and if you don't go that route, you have to get a AU/AH/support tower for $400 ($100 for radar + $300 for upgrade). Basically to counter a cloaked/burrowed hero you have to spend >=$400 yourself.

These heroes are all base $500 so by choosing one, you force your enemies to spend at least $400 to counter your $500 unit which has likely fed > $400 by the time they counter (because they most likely didn't wait to spend their starting money).

Also, obviously radar tower is only $100 but that gives you a 10-second scan once about every 90 seconds which means when you've run out of scans, you can't leave the base without serious risk, giving the hero team a significant advantage in feed opportunity.

I'd change obs back to $150.

Report this post

[ 8 posts ]