All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 21 posts ] 
 Post subject: Complete Garbage
PostPosted: May 17th, 2023, 9:14 am 
Bondbrain.693

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
Utter trash,

wtf are you guys doing?

Clueless about any concept of balancing? Why are you working on this game?

The nerve

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Complete Garbage
PostPosted: May 17th, 2023, 12:24 pm 
Donor
MicroJacksonMA won a Tournament 2 times.

Are you going to provide any feedback or just rage like a child? Aren't you the guy who suggested to remove minerals you are a clown.

Report this post

PostPosted: May 17th, 2023, 3:08 pm 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Well, I wasn't going to respond to you, bondbrain, but I guess I should. Some of this is in response to the other thread as well.

1. Heroes/elites/minerals have always been and will always be a part of MA.

2. You haven't suggested any specific changes supported by logical reasoning, other than a reduction of the ability of sentry to spam forcefields (which was implemented, btw).

3. You're not the only person who plays this game, and not every change you suggest is going to be implemented. If you're a game developer (as you clamed in the other thread), you should understand this. Most of the feedback I've gotten for this patch has actually been positive overall. There are several people who have given constructive feedback regarding the new changes, and you are not one of them.

4. Not sure why I or anyone else should listen to you, given your frankly disrespectful attitude in every recent interaction (most recently telling me to drop out of school and insulting my friends).

Have a nice day, hope you continue to enjoy the game. Or at least find a different game that will give you some enjoyment if this one no longer appeals to you :)

Report this post

PostPosted: May 17th, 2023, 3:52 pm 
Bondbrain.693

Akash wrote:
Well, I wasn't going to respond to you, bondbrain, but I guess I should. Some of this is in response to the other thread as well.

1. Heroes/elites/minerals have always been and will always be a part of MA.

2. You haven't suggested any specific changes supported by logical reasoning, other than a reduction of the ability of sentry to spam forcefields (which was implemented, btw).

3. You're not the only person who plays this game, and not every change you suggest is going to be implemented. If you're a game developer (as you clamed in the other thread), you should understand this. Most of the feedback I've gotten for this patch has actually been positive overall. There are several people who have given constructive feedback regarding the new changes, and you are not one of them.

4. Not sure why I or anyone else should listen to you, given your frankly disrespectful attitude in every recent interaction (most recently telling me to drop out of school and insulting my friends).

Have a nice day, hope you continue to enjoy the game. Or at least find a different game that will give you some enjoyment if this one no longer appeals to you :)

If you give me the files i'll remake a version of it which is 100 times more fun and will be one of the most played game in SC2

Marine Arena used to be fun. You're in denial if you think the changes you made are any good or/and balanced.... lol balanced.

The changes you made for forcefield are good. Much needed. I just want to point out those things were not in the game a few years ago when the game used to be healthier?

What you did to the game is you made it be an APM/spam click genre rather than a strategy game.

Marine Arena used to be a strategy game, where you had to plan ahead and make wise eco decisions based on what build your enemy picked and based on your preferences in general. You had a few heroes that acted as support pieces and a few elites who were there to help againts other elites or heroes.

You reduced the pop cap? in an attempt to lower lag? who the f lags in 2023 playing sc2? I'm sorry but if that sounds logical to you, then you're a moron, Along with the other people who you call your "friends"

You don't need to be spreading your fake "positivness" i can read through you, you're just as bad as the other dummies in the discord.

And btw how many "friends" are they who still play this game with you? 20?

As far as the game goes, you're in delusion and you live in a echo chamber.

To balance this game you have to adjust the time creation of each unit, HP base+HP scaling, dmg base+ dmg scaling, armor base + armor scaling, mineral bounty, mineral costs, aoe abilities, rine scaling, rine upgrade costs. The whole thing is fucked.

You all suck at game deving, bunch of amateurs...

enjoy it

Report this post

PostPosted: May 17th, 2023, 4:02 pm 
Bondbrain.693

MicroJacksonMA wrote:
Are you going to provide any feedback or just rage like a child? Aren't you the guy who suggested to remove minerals you are a clown.

No you're the clown.... this game is nearly impossible to balance at the state it is.

The suggestion to remove minerals was to make it more balanced and so the players can focus their attention towards their APM.

So that if you lose or kill an elite it doesn't affect you and you can comeback with a different approach. A raven kill is worth 240 when fully maxed but a BC is worth 400? this shit makes no sense, the ravens provide so much more value...

Good for you if you're having fun, all i know is that the public games are impossible to enjoy

Ask any new player

Report this post

PostPosted: May 17th, 2023, 4:30 pm 
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Thanks for the additional self-centered and disrespectful responses - lets me know we won't have any more productive discussion, so I'll leave it at that.

PS - Whether my "positiveness" is fake or real, at least it exists, unlike yours. And I'm not in an echo chamber - as I stated earlier, several players have already given constructive criticism without a single insult.

Report this post

PostPosted: May 17th, 2023, 7:10 pm 
Bondbrain.693

Akash wrote:
Thanks for the additional self-centered and disrespectful responses - lets me know we won't have any more productive discussion, so I'll leave it at that.

PS - Whether my "positiveness" is fake or real, at least it exists, unlike yours. And I'm not in an echo chamber - as I stated earlier, several players have already given constructive criticism without a single insult.

I'am attacking Akash, not the person behind the keyboard. My critism is only towards the dev. So don't take personally.

I'm on the field playing countless of pub games, i know how the games go. I'm not the only one who has expressed dissatisfaction in Discord and your goons have always been quick to dismiss any criticism.

So yes you are living in a echo chamber with your other friends and are sabotaging a public game all in favour for your shitty tournaments that only a few get to participate in.

You've completely massacred the pub version.

Try and play a pub with a noob next to you... see how shit the experience is.

Report this post

PostPosted: May 17th, 2023, 10:45 pm 
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

There's no need to attack anyone. You should just speak about the specific change you want and why it should be that way - if the logic is sound and I get similar feedback from multiple people, there's a good chance for it to be implemented. And by the way, I speak to several players who are both weaker and stronger than you, both on and off Discord - approximately 90% of the changes come directly from that feedback, for which the consensus is almost never unanimous.

Just FYI: from my persepective, if you start throwing insults around, it significantly decreases the strength of your argument in my eyes - it just means your reasoning wasn't solid enough, so you had to resort to emotion.

Report this post

PostPosted: May 18th, 2023, 1:17 pm 
Bondbrain.693

First of all, how do you know how good i am? I play with randoms, never pre-made. The people i play againts there's usually always a pre-made team againts us. More often than not, the noob next to me feeds, doesn't know what to do or leaves mid way through.

I'm telling you the changes you just made have opened new cans of worms.

I have not visted the discord for a very long time but if people there like these changes.... i would be shocked.

Report this post

PostPosted: May 18th, 2023, 11:36 pm 
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

These days, I'd say about 50% of my games are pubs (solo with random ally, usually sniping pre-mades, almost always on smurf - for obvious reasons), and about 50% are scrims (games with 8 experienced players).
We've played with and against each other before in pubs :)

Report this post

PostPosted: May 19th, 2023, 9:57 am 
Bondbrain.693

I know we have, but under Akash i have not seen you alot times.

See also you can't know my real strengh since many of the builds cancel melee or aggressive play.

Even if i go the hero/elite route, im at a disadvantage because the ennemy will have 2x the elites and heroes.

This is why the game is fucked the way it is, it encourages pre-mades, its the only effieicent way of playing the game in the pubs.

Or you have to camp and hope they come in.

You're at a complete disadvantage, it makes the game unfair, discouraging and ultimately boring.

You can't have these many variations in a game of 4 teams with 2 players each. You got too many counters, too many aoe, too many choke points.

At some point you need to let the game breathe, Now its just choke points after choke points, crowd control, AOE.... its way too much for it to be a fair game.

Report this post

PostPosted: May 19th, 2023, 9:59 am 
Bondbrain.693

At least what you can do is open up the god damn paths, make it impossible to fully block a path so that if 2 teammates decide to stay outside of their base, there's an opportunity to flank them.

Flank is a real war strategy, something you discourage alot in this game and i don't know why.

Report this post

PostPosted: May 19th, 2023, 11:23 am 
GioSticks.1853

The fact that you are at a disadvantage against 2 players when you are solo has nothing to do with the game balance… It is a consequence of having 2 players per team. No matter what changes you make to any game you will obviously still be at a disadvantage without a teammate how is this even something that needs to be explained?

Report this post

PostPosted: May 19th, 2023, 6:31 pm 
Bondbrain.693

GioSticks wrote:
The fact that you are at a disadvantage against 2 players when you are solo has nothing to do with the game balance… It is a consequence of having 2 players per team. No matter what changes you make to any game you will obviously still be at a disadvantage without a teammate how is this even something that needs to be explained?

because for the simple fact that you have x number of units 2 players can farm on and they have 2x the number of units you can farm on.

If you're smart you can counter/outplay them and the disadvantage quickly becomes an advantage.

That is very difficult to do when the ennemy can simply outnumber you in AOE Elites and heroes since there's a hard limit on those.

hence why the game gets unbalanced from poor design

Report this post

PostPosted: May 20th, 2023, 1:27 pm 
GioSticks.1853

I dont think ive ever seen anyone buy like 16 elites and nor is it a good idea but even if there wasnt a cap they could still just get 2x your shit theyre 2 lol

Report this post

PostPosted: May 20th, 2023, 3:28 pm 
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

I agree with most what you said - it's true that playing with a teammate is a big advantage, but I think that makes sense since MA is a team-based game at its core (otherwise it would be 1v1v1v1 rather than 2v2v2v2).
The result is that if you want to win solo vs a decent team, you pretty much have to be significantly better than them and/or get very lucky with feed.

In regards to the map design, I agree that the ramps and chokes are advantageous for ranged units.
In combination with enough mass, stutter-step/splitting, and aoe spells, a good player using ranged units can often win fights vs melee. Otherwise, melee units will usually win, as most of them have stronger stats. This is why melee openers are rarely seen in scrims, but are very common in pubs.

I also agree that in order to truly balance ranged vs melee, the terrain would need a redesign. This is something I've been thinking about for years and maybe will happen eventually, but it's a lot of work and a big change to one of the fundamental elements of MA. Truthfully, almost none of the players I've spoken with currently rate this problem as a high priority.

Report this post

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2023, 12:52 pm 
Site AdministratorModeratorMap DeveloperTournament OfficialDonor
JOSIN.433
Map Editor

bondbrain wrote:
If you give me the files i'll remake a version of it which is 100 times more fun and will be one of the most played game in SC2

Great! Here you go:
Spoiler:
You Wish

PS: read the signature below…

Report this post

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2023, 8:07 pm 
Bondbrain.693

Josin wrote:
     bondbrain wrote:

Great! Here you go:
Spoiler:
You Wish

scared of failure i see

Report this post

PostPosted: May 25th, 2023, 7:00 am 
Spike.478

Josin wrote:
     bondbrain wrote:

Great! Here you go:
Spoiler:
You Wish

The one time I see Josin, he comes in here and blasts his load all over Bondbrain's face.

Report this post

PostPosted: May 25th, 2023, 11:26 am 
Bondbrain.693

me2dumb4college wrote:
     Josin wrote:
     bondbrain wrote:

Great! Here you go:
Spoiler:
You Wish

The one time I see Josin, he comes in here and blasts his load all over Bondbrain's face.

If he unloaded anything, it was behind his computer in front of his mom with his dad watching.

I took no part in it.

You sick person

Report this post

PostPosted: May 26th, 2023, 5:41 pm 
Bondbrain.693

Josin wrote:
     bondbrain wrote:

Great! Here you go:
Spoiler:
You Wish

Come on man, passe moi les documents je vais t'arranger sa toe tu vas voir, sa va pas etre long

Report this post

[ 21 posts ]