It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Spike Suggestions
PostPosted: May 25th, 2023, 8:36 am 
Spike.478

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
Dear Akash,

I hope this post finds you in good health and high spirits. I wanted to take a moment to express my utmost appreciation and admiration for your remarkable work as the developer of Marine Arena. Your creativity and dedication have truly elevated the gaming experience, and I cannot help but commend your efforts in creating new units that have significantly improved the game.

Notwithstanding, I'd like to suggest the following changes and the supporting reasons why:

Supply Limit reinstated to 500: I like some of the impacts the reduced supply has, promoting more continuous fighting, but also recognizing the change was too much and particularly handicaps air due to supply constraints.

Odin ult nerf: see balance's post, but really it's just the barrage that's op.

Col ult auto attack for air needs a nerf. It shouldn't be killing medi/prism in like 2-3 shots.

Pheonix is so shit, especially first couple of levels. Early nix needs a buff, and the blinding cloud needs a longer duration.

Bring back OS stun, you already nerfed the DT void on elites, give us something that stuns the elites...

Also minithor needs stun, or bigger % slow.

Reapers cost too much. 450 to 600 is a big jump, maybe 175/each is a happy medium. It's just a big investment early and more risky to lose a reaper.

Sci Ves needs def matrix cooldown halfed, whole point is to matrix shit to keep things alive...

Lastly, the marines are broken. You can get .11 attack speed marines which melt CC/PF. It's so fuckin stupid because you can kill it almost instantly.

Last edited by me2dumb4college on May 25th, 2023, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Spike Suggestions
PostPosted: May 25th, 2023, 10:25 am 
Bondbrain.693

I would argue that supply is too large for this map even at 450. There's room for it to go down to 250.

On the other hand, Classic should always be 1000. Not sure why its getting nerfed as well?

Report this post

PostPosted: May 25th, 2023, 8:46 pm 
starelf.440

yea sv was definitely OP before but now it just feels so bad to use, it feels like the 0 apm "shield a unit and walk it forward" is just as strong, but actually using it to play aggressive and defensive is super nerfed, which is basically the whole point of the sv past 5 minutes.

It would be nice to just reduce the shield on non-elites/heroes to 400 or something, and keep the old cd so microing it more actually matters, and you don't have 1 basically invincible unit. having this long of a cooldown makes it scale terribly and not really have a use later
haven't tried the rest but I think odin will become insane with all the other nerfs :o

Report this post

PostPosted: May 26th, 2023, 11:18 am 
Bondbrain.693

Its a shit show of unbalanced units, the problem has always been the devs not listening, fixing whats not broken, opening new cans of worms and the 20ish weirdos. They posted an update and only listened and had a conversation when their ego got bruised. They don't give a rats ass.

This game lacks identity, it doesn't know what it is. Is it a 400 APM game? or a A to B ? or a strategy based game?

Say the game had zero 50 supply, just enough room for a hero and a few elites... that would effectively make this game a Dota like. Pure APM and some strategy.
At 1000 cap space, it becomes a strategy game, where your job is to oversight and the use of elites and heroes is discouraged.
At 500 cap supply, its an unperfect balance of APM, AtoB and strategy.

As you shift the cap supply you're also changing the meta of the game.

So indirectly when Akash is reducing the cap supply, he's not doing for lag purposes, he's purely doing it because he wants to slowly transition this game into a dota.

Otherwise, you would keep the cap space at 1000, allow the celebral players to play at their advantage and the dumb keyboard warriors to play using their limited brain power. If you're a APM god, you will always have an advantage. Unless you're dumb as a nail.

APM is also favouring players who have specialized keyboard setups for competitive matches.
They will always have an advantage over players who use normal keyboards or macs. It doesn't mean they're better, the game is just rigged so that it favours them. Leaving behind 100s of potentially good players.

If i want to play counter strike, ill play cs, not sc2. Arcade SC2 is filled with cerebrals

Smarten up

Report this post

PostPosted: May 27th, 2023, 6:51 am 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Thanks for the feedback Spike and Starelf, will look into it.

Supply change doesn't seem to have had much of an effect on the lategame lag based on limited testing thus far. It will probably go back to 550.

Ironic to be talking about bruised egos when there's only 1 person who constantly tries to bring up how good he thinks he is in all of these threads... I only responded to bondbrain's BM initially because I could see that people were getting ready to flame him if I didn't reply. No worries - can see he still hasn't learned how to speak respectfully or logically, so his feedback will continue to be mostly ignored for now.

Report this post

PostPosted: May 27th, 2023, 8:34 am 
Bondbrain.693

Akash wrote:
Thanks for the feedback Spike and Starelf, will look into it.

Supply change doesn't seem to have had much of an effect on the lategame lag based on limited testing thus far. It will probably go back to 550.

Ironic to be talking about bruised egos when there's only 1 person who constantly tries to bring up how good he thinks he is in all of these threads... I only responded to bondbrain's BM initially because I could see that people were getting ready to flame him if I didn't reply. No worries - can see he still hasn't learned how to speak respectfully or logically, so his feedback will continue to be mostly ignored for now.

I can pull messages from the discord of people complaining, having valid arguments and feeling unheard. In 2019 there was a dev who was complaining about you guys, even the devs who worked with you hate you.

I just so happen to be one of the OGs of the game who's opinionated and who's life style allows him to have the time and energy to put his thoughts into words.

Most people who have an issue with the game vote by not playing anymore, you never get to hear their complains.

Stop with the bs, the game doesn't lag at 750 nor is it lagging at 1000 any more.

Why don't you make Classic be 1000 cap space like it used to be? Why are you forcing everyone to play a mode that the majority does not like? judging by the amount of players playing the game.....

At some point we had 3-4 marines arena games open all the time.

If kerrigan 2 can fill 2-3 games of 10 players every few minutes, that means you fucked up.

Report this post

PostPosted: May 28th, 2023, 3:05 am 
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

If you're an "OG" of the game, then surely you remember the invisible units bug, as well as the insane lag we used to have with 1000+ supply. You don't even have to be an OG - just play EU Marine Arena (currently has 900 supply) or talk to any of the EU players, and you'll find that they still have the same bugs and lag issues that we used to have on US.

Comparing the number of players/lobbies means nothing, especially between games of different genres.

bondbrain wrote:
In 2019 there was a dev who was complaining about you guys, even the devs who worked with you hate you.
Statements like this are why you lack credibility. I'd love to see you provide a message on Discord or anywhere else of an MA developer saying they hate me. Of course, I know you won't provide any evidence - you never provide any testing or evidence to back up any of your claims. Perhaps your extensive "time and energy" would be better spent on that instead of making up falsehoods?

Report this post

PostPosted: May 29th, 2023, 9:55 am 
Bondbrain.693

Akash wrote:
If you're an "OG" of the game, then surely you remember the invisible units bug, as well as the insane lag we used to have with 1000+ supply. You don't even have to be an OG - just play EU Marine Arena (currently has 900 supply) or talk to any of the EU players, and you'll find that they still have the same bugs and lag issues that we used to have on US.

Comparing the number of players/lobbies means nothing, especially between games of different genres.

bondbrain wrote:
In 2019 there was a dev who was complaining about you guys, even the devs who worked with you hate you.
Statements like this are why you lack credibility. I'd love to see you provide a message on Discord or anywhere else of an MA developer saying they hate me. Of course, I know you won't provide any evidence - you never provide any testing or evidence to back up any of your claims. Perhaps your extensive "time and energy" would be better spent on that instead of making up falsehoods?

ok once im able to connect i will.

Btw i know you might think im hating you, its not the case. Im super critical/negative but its coming from a place of love for the original game.

Also i want to say that the last changes you made have helped increase my win%, so im also not doing this because it got worst for me and i hate losing. I also hate winning when its too ez.
The game got too ez, too dumbed down.

I dint know about thte EU version... but it does look like a whole lot more fun. Those guys get it.

Why cant we have the same as the EU version?

Report this post

PostPosted: May 30th, 2023, 4:18 pm 
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Oh you should give EU MA a try then, you might like it more - it's very easy, just switch your server to EU when you log in to bnet/sc2.

The communities were split when Crayon retired - different player bases with different preferences and different dev styles, leading to slightly different games. Some people prefer one over the other, both have pros and cons imo. Many players enjoy both versions.

Report this post

PostPosted: May 31st, 2023, 12:11 pm 
Bondbrain.693

Akash wrote:
Oh you should give EU MA a try then, you might like it more - it's very easy, just switch your server to EU when you log in to bnet/sc2.

The communities were split when Crayon retired - different player bases with different preferences and different dev styles, leading to slightly different games. Some people prefer one over the other, both have pros and cons imo. Many players enjoy both versions.

Dude... can't we have the EU version ported to US servers too?

Thats it, ez fix. i wont be coming here to complain any more.

Report this post

PostPosted: May 31st, 2023, 1:16 pm 
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

That's up to the EU developer - you can contact Raiden via the official MA Discord regarding publish of the EU map to the US server.

Discord link: MarineArena
Scroll down to find EU section

Report this post

PostPosted: June 4th, 2023, 7:44 am 
Bondbrain.693

I understand now why you made this game this way.

i wont be shitting on it any more.

Report this post

PostPosted: June 4th, 2023, 2:32 pm 
starelf.440

ok after playing a bit with the new patch have some thoughts

colo morph: feels a bit eh, but probably just because colo feels eh in general
nix: feels pretty bad to go nix after the nerf, it felt like the vision was a consolation prize for a hero that won't do hardly anything til you spend 5k on it. I dunno if this nerf was really needed because we still saw tons of hero play.
nix morph: absolutely not worth the insane revive time/bounty/cost for what they do, give them a little better hp scaling than regular nix and it's reasonable. Also, they might be too good at sniping prisms with their aa attack, don't know if that's intentional. Maybe make it do high dmg vs heroic and low vs everything else?
odin morph: lel
stalkers may be a bit strong right now, hard to say though. Maybe just buff their dmg vs what they counter and revert the hp change?
anti unit ff probably needs to be like 10% bigger, you need like 5 forcefields to block lings, and that's if you use all of them before the lings are even close.
dt void needs to be reverted to at least 75%, even max lvl dt is voiding things for what feels like a split second.
sv: inadvertently buffs thor because you can't keep shielding warp prism vs it now (or other elites that thor can run down)
ghost: I'm literally getting sniped offscreen with max zoom out, this feels a bit too long of follow range xp
reaper: dead elite now, I agree with it costing 175 after sv nerf though

Report this post

PostPosted: June 5th, 2023, 9:41 pm 
starelf.440

ok actually nix morph is insane in some spots, with prism I kill a lurker in 1 lift..... this basically just means nix ultimate morph is a spec? rly think the nix changes should be reverted and the ultimate morph should just have better hp scaling/bigger aoe on ground attack maybe. they're meant to disable heroes not delete them, and the other issue is if you have to dive into them to get the lift vs long range abilities (like vs colo/queen/tass) they get shredded so fast vs marines now it's ridiculous

Report this post

PostPosted: June 6th, 2023, 11:38 pm 
Bondbrain.693

starelf wrote:
anti unit ff probably needs to be like 10% bigger, you need like 5 forcefields to block lings, and that's if you use all of them before the lings are even close.

Anti unit force field does absoltuly nothing againts range. Why do you want it to completly cancel any of the lings, zealots?

For melee to get to your base it means you're completly exposed, which you took a gamble. You should be punished for it, thats your fault. You literally have Save, Turrets, Raven Turrets, Defense, any most heroes, statis ... all these tools to counter a sneaky base invasion.

Because the game is made such that melee are simply innefective againts most range in a one on one fight, they're left with merc base kills to feed off.

In reality to fix this issue, the devs need to buff by alot the HP of buildings and buff melees HPs as well, so they can take battles one on one with range.

Normally the only things that should be effective againts melee are splash units, firebats.

The hit and run move should be innefective againts melee. Maybe give melee a mini void ability to freeze their targets for 1 second so they have a chance at killing something and not be used as fodder or meat shield for the rines behind.

Report this post

[ 15 posts ]