All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Odin Make-Over Idea
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2018, 12:28 pm 
Donor
[EsYPsY] sexy.121
SeexySauce won a Tournament 3 times.

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
The problem seems obvious to me. Odin and hk both don't have a counter because neither use abilitys so mando/os do nothing. However nix should counter them but doesn't because it's trash. Imo problem isn't hk or Odin being op, but nix needs to be more anti hero, I say give single Target lift and make last longer at base, and then decrease nix lift MS. As soon as you lift you shouldn't be moveable

Report this post

PostPosted: March 28th, 2018, 5:55 am 
Gardul.1228

If you give nix a single lift and make it not movable, it'll be destroyed quickly. The other army will focus it down quickly and then you're done. The changes to Nix are rough already. It's usable, but only after level 5, and even then you need to put some health upgrades on it to make it worth while. Nix cannot feed (effectively) by itself, which makes it the ONLY hero where this is the case. Even with the auto-attack changes, Mando out-feeds Nix by something like 5x.

I'm not necessarily opposed to its feeding options, but the reduction in grav-beam AOE is what makes it trash. It is an anti-hero/support unit and it cannot support. If you want to make it better, then increase the AOE of the grav-beam lift back to where it was (army support role), and increase the heroic dmg to something usable (anti-hero role).

This way it can support your army while focusing down heroes, but cannot rampage-feed by itself.

HKs are countered effectively then, as well as Odin, but Nixes aren't rampaging across the map.

Report this post

PostPosted: March 28th, 2018, 6:04 am 
Gardul.1228

One other thought here to make Nix usable and a counter to heroes better.. in addition to the above changes, take off ALL splash damage for the Nix. I can't come up with a good reason for splash other than feeding and since my proposed changes make the unit an anti-hero/support unit, it shouldn't be feeding on the other army (well at least), thus should have splash entirely removed. Single-unit focus only.

You could even have the dmg not be terrible on the Nix where it can focus down elites and single units that were out of position, but take off splash. The idea is not to rampage with Nix by itself. You should need an army to use it effectively.

Report this post

PostPosted: March 29th, 2018, 5:48 am 
Gardul.1228

1 more additional thought here on Nix.. it being able to lift burrowed/cloaked units without a scan or without using the Nix-eye is OP. The Phoenix-eye is an ability that detects, provides vision, and is a moving scan at the expense energy and I think that's what should have to be active to yank burrowed units without a scan.

If Nix-eye is NOT active, and no scan has been used, then Nix shouldn't be able to pluck a unit that's burrowed/cloaked IMO. This way there is a limit to the Nix's abilities to chase down heroes that are cloaked/burrowed at the expense of energy somewhere (either Nix's own energy or a scan). Will make it slightly more balanced.

Report this post

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2