All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Stasis
PostPosted: April 15th, 2018, 9:06 am 
Map Developer
[TryHrd] RememberMe.983
Map Editor

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
Since people keep complaining about it. I thought a thread would be nice.

I think stasis is fine as it is. it doesn't really do much, it just postpones a fight or acts like a vortex.

If you're complaining about stasis locking half your army, you've never played against a player with vulture mines DESTROYING half your army.

No one complained before (except me, cuz i compare everything to changlings), so i don't think anyone should complain now. Just scan like playing against a dt and you'll be fine.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Stasis
PostPosted: April 15th, 2018, 9:24 am 
Donor
MicroJacksonMA won a Tournament 2 times.

I think it’s kinda stupid that it can just make a game last way longer than it should and makes people unkillable if there is another team on the map. However oracle is pretty trash and this is the only good thing it can do (that I’ve seen).

Report this post

PostPosted: April 15th, 2018, 1:10 pm 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Imo it's kinda like creep - difficult to protect unless you have a strong army, as 1-2 units can come kill or trigger the stasis wards pretty quickly.

Also similarly to creep, it only becomes a problem if you let the spread get out of control.

Report this post

PostPosted: April 16th, 2018, 7:13 am 
Gardul.1228

Stasis allows turtles to unfortunately turtle better. I've not seen any effective use of stasis outside of a turtle-move (i.e. nothing outside of a base) and it does nothing but prolong a game IMO. While it is countered easily, when combined with base-D, PF, tanks, full turtled-armies, and AU towers, a base becomes virtually impregnable.

My suggestion would be to slightly increase the cool-down on stasis so that you cannot just litter your entire base with them within 2-3 minutes. Perhaps longer to make the stasis (again, slightly here.. 20% increase), and longer cool down (another 20%) and that should allow the attackers to get caught perhaps once by a base full of stasis cells, but not twice in a row.

It'll force the turtling army to defend without stasis cells hopefully at least once every-other attack, which should shorten the game. Counter-punch quickly, or you should be out of the game.

Report this post

PostPosted: April 16th, 2018, 4:28 pm 
Seering.425

Here are two more ideas:

- Put a timer on each stasis ward, similar to the PDD. The exact timer could be longer, but this will prevent players from stacking their entire base with them.

- Cap the number of stasis wards that you can create. After you hit that specific number, creating a new ward will destroy the oldest one.

Report this post

PostPosted: April 17th, 2018, 6:43 am 
Gardul.1228

Seering wrote:
Here are two more ideas:

- Put a timer on each stasis ward, similar to the PDD. The exact timer could be longer, but this will prevent players from stacking their entire base with them.

- Cap the number of stasis wards that you can create. After you hit that specific number, creating a new ward will destroy the oldest one.

Both of those are really good ideas... i like the last one best. I think the cap would be the best way to not abuse this feature. I think 5 sounds about right.. That's 2 behind your CC's (for Marine-drop control) and then 3 more around the front of your base or elsewhere.

Report this post

PostPosted: April 17th, 2018, 10:16 am 
Donor

Seering wrote:
Here are two more ideas:

Wow Seering using forums again!

Report this post

PostPosted: April 18th, 2018, 9:16 pm 
Map Developer
[TryHrd] RememberMe.983
Map Editor

Seering wrote:
Here are two more ideas:

Similarly we can limit the number of viking mines too. And we can give mines a CD so that you can't start macro-ing them all game. Should be 5 minutes at most?

Changlings also need to be on CD. They shouldn't be able to kill a team once you have 200 of them, that's ridiculous. Make changlings have 1 second cooldown, so they're like baneling bombs, and limit to only 3 at a time.

Report this post

PostPosted: April 19th, 2018, 8:36 am 
Gardul.1228

What are viking mines? Are you referring to Vulture mines? If so, i agree you should have a limit to the number of those as well.

My suggestion on Changelings would be to make them detectable with a scan (is that possible?). If you send 50 to a base, you have to click on all of them individually to kill them and that's probably too much to ask for to avoid getting hit with a ton of them. Either make them exposed with a scan, or take the dmg down significantly.

Report this post

PostPosted: April 19th, 2018, 8:49 am 
Donor
[EsYPsY] sexy.121
SeexySauce won a Tournament 3 times.

No Vikings now have a mine abilitys Akash added. It's like vuluture mines but it works on air instead of ground.

Report this post

PostPosted: April 19th, 2018, 2:02 pm 
Donor

Changelings???? Maybe change them when people start using them by the masses.....

Report this post

[ 11 posts ]