CELEBRATING 10 YEARS OF TMA!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Void Ray
PostPosted: June 28th, 2018, 4:49 am 
SMW.1265

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
It seems impossible to counter VR play (if the player is decent).
Lancers are supposed to be a counter but VR deal 1.5 dmg MORE than lancers. i tested many different encounters some with vr having advantage and some not but all with 6 dmg ups and compound upgrades.
the vr win each time no matter what by a huge amount.

I feel as a counter it should be the other way around. just as it is with all other units i tested.
for example desi damage/speed is much more favorable than snipers. that relationship is backwards for lancer, vr.

to me lancers are the only viable counter (another problem imo) to vr and its not even a counter at all. ravens,BC and other elites hero that may help have been useless in my experience with a high level player using vr. if they have a partner that works with them then it really is impossible.

BTW, i'm not saying vr cant be beaten or haven't been beaten. i'm not talking about low level players vs high level players. i'm talking about all else even high level players VR seems very unbalanced.
I am curious what others think about this.

P.S. i just saw the other thread about VR. sorry but that one got a little muddled lol...

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Void Ray
PostPosted: June 28th, 2018, 5:16 am 
SMW.1265

Test all the "worst against" units and vr CRUSHED them all. except immortal.
So i guess ill try immo in a game.
I made sure the money invested was equal in the tests as well.

Report this post

PostPosted: June 28th, 2018, 8:57 am 
Gardul.1228

Agree!

Immortals are still the only viable non-air counter to VoidRays. Mutas are the air-based counter and do quite well 1:1, but unless you have an Odin, all other ground-based mercs are GG if someone goes VRs. If you have an Odin and the VR player gets a Phoenix, then you're still likely countered, or will lose most engagements.

It's better than it was, but still too OP.

From what I can tell, its the dmg for VRs... they simply mow through armies too fast to have their counters really impact them. A size reduction for VRs might get more splash damage on them, is one path to maybe go, but simply cutting down their dmg would go a long ways.

Report this post

PostPosted: June 28th, 2018, 9:49 am 
SMW.1265

Odin will work for pub. a low level dt or nix solves that problem with minimal micro.
Even saw someone use a mando and there was no way to get close enough to touch it.
its the damage and weapon speed. they have a better ratio than their "counters" at the same level of investment.
add on top of that the full 550 supply of firepower available on demand that air allows.
immortals did indeed counter them well.
snipers, muta, lancers are supposed to be counters and they were demolished in my tests.
it simply should be the other way around. im not map editor or balancer but if you look at the dps of vr they are much higher than their counters.
i feel like simply lowering it would help. or like others have said reduce HP or you bring a good point of making them smaller. idk.
it deff is void ray arena as you coined in the other post.

To me it seems that VR need a considerable dps nerf and a slight hp reduction.

Report this post

PostPosted: July 11th, 2018, 11:02 pm 
Fatalist.608

go dessy + corruptor
it will rekt VR easily

Report this post

[ 5 posts ]