It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Change Medivac
PostPosted: November 6th, 2018, 7:33 am 
Donor
Ice won a Tournament!

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
Medi should have a change. I think the unit gives way too much value, for 250 you get armor buff, healing, pick up units, speed boost, carry vulture for speed aura and overall it is a tanky unit. You can use it offensively for drop flank and not worry about losing the unit.

I think medivac should be a fragile unit which should be hard countered by viking. We should significantly decrease HP and keep everything as is. However to counter balance that give it range pick up effect

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Change Medivac
PostPosted: November 6th, 2018, 9:47 am 
Gardul.1228

+1 on small changes to the unit, but I think removing the armor buff is the right move (though your suggestion is good too).

The armor buff IMO is the one thing that doesn't seem to fit with the Medic and early-game it's probably more OP than people give it credit for. Remove the armor buff and I think armies will melt faster than expected thus taking away its effectiveness.

Food for thought..

Report this post

PostPosted: November 6th, 2018, 2:00 pm 
Donor
MicroJacksonMA won a Tournament 2 times.

Maybe make medi cost more? I like medi where it is but I do agree it is almost necessary with all builds.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 6th, 2018, 2:21 pm 
xXPhAZeXx.1234

I agree that medi gets more bang for the buck then other units but I dont think it needs a nerf. Reason being it doesnt do anything to significantly impact the game. In essence, marine arena is about killing more units than everyone else. Medi offers almost no offensive abilities besides aggro dropping which is easily countered, as an aura its healing isnt significant during battle and your army will get killed in the same time. the speed boost with vult adds alot of risk and the argument that it is too cheap isnt any longer valid because youve bought another unit, increasing the medi bounty while again adding very little actual offensive ability (just because you run faster doesnt mean you get more kills). All this along with the fact that medi is extremely easy to use means anyone can buy it meaning its not reserved to only those who are good at the game. I think the medi is especially good, but because it is good for everyone and against everything, it is not particularly "unbalanced"

Report this post

PostPosted: November 6th, 2018, 2:39 pm 

I made this exact suggestion awhile ago when all the elites were getting nerfed. In my opinion, the medi is still the most OP elite, but the devs really love this thing and it will never change.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 6th, 2018, 3:58 pm 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Everyone probably already knows my stance on medi, but here it is: I think it's the best designed unit in MA.

Pure support unit, adds a lot of variety to engagements and imo is already relatively easy to snipe. It is used very often, but I would say that's because there is no alternative (which is why I wanted to add warp prism, but never got around to it - maybe one day Rain can do it).

Regardless, I leave the decision up to Rain in terms of balance - maybe a slight cost increase is warranted.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 9th, 2018, 9:20 pm 
Donor
[EsYPsY] sexy.121
SeexySauce won a Tournament 3 times.

Relatively easy to snipe? Maybe before 10. But late game nothing is easy to snipe. And medi isnt worth trying to snipe that late .

Report this post

[ 7 posts ]