It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Remove Merc Time Limit
PostPosted: November 12th, 2018, 7:13 am 
Donor
Ice won a Tournament!

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
I feel the merc time limit makes the game really slow. I would like to remove the time lock on merc compound upgrades. Let's try it in testmode to see how it goes?

Report this post

PostPosted: November 12th, 2018, 5:58 pm 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Interesting idea, couple thoughts:

1. Indirect nerf to marines (and partially to elites/heroes), since people will be getting stronger mercs earlier.

2. Early snowball may be harder to stop (a big part of choosing a counter relies on those 500 minerals you get at 10 minutes).

It will definitely increase the pace of the game though, so I'm all for trying on a testmap.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 14th, 2018, 5:07 pm 
tylercm.1154

prob instead of doing that why dont ht get fix and bc and all the units than need to be fix intead of messing the game up more

Report this post

PostPosted: November 14th, 2018, 5:26 pm 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

tylercm wrote:
prob instead of doing that why dont ht get fix and bc and all the units than need to be fix intead of messing the game up more

There are no recent posts or threads about these supposed problems with HT and BC. If you feel these units need a change, please make a thread to logically explain what changes should be made and why.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 14th, 2018, 9:47 pm 
tylercm.1154

well 1st of all ht counters every energy units lvl 3 or 4 can kill a ghost with feed back same with mando storm its OP bc hp scalling its just stupid ht counter mando raven bc spec festor ht archon and so on

Report this post

PostPosted: November 15th, 2018, 3:55 am 
Fatalist.608

just another suggestion to increase pace of game

why not increase supply limit?
you only get small amount of units when you get some elites along with your army and it is hard to rush in base.
assuming similar bounty, defender always trade better with auto turret and units keep spawning.
i think this is one of reason ppl just keep play slow until get significant lead

Report this post

PostPosted: November 15th, 2018, 7:13 am 
Gardul.1228

Fatalist wrote:
just another suggestion to increase pace of game

why not increase supply limit?
you only get small amount of units when you get some elites along with your army and it is hard to rush in base.
assuming similar bounty, defender always trade better with auto turret and units keep spawning.
i think this is one of reason ppl just keep play slow until get significant lead

Increasing to 700 supply would make a huge difference in the length of games... There would have to be some consideration to supply costs of Air (VRs in particular) if you increased general supply, but otherwise I generally think this is a good idea and would help the game tremendously.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 20th, 2018, 12:11 am 
Donor
Ice won a Tournament!

tylercm wrote:
well 1st of all ht counters every energy units lvl 3 or 4 can kill a ghost with feed back same with mando storm its OP bc hp scalling its just stupid ht counter mando raven bc spec festor ht archon and so on

Actually by removing time limit on merc it is a nerf to all heros, marines and elites and speed up the game. If I get Goliath by minute 3, storm is not going to farm well.

Ideally it'll open up more melee merc meta and lots of options. Elites and merc will just be as strong.

Report this post

[ 8 posts ]