Post subject: 11/24/2019 Ideas
PostPosted: November 25th, 2019, 12:53 am 
Map DeveloperBeta Tester
[SmurfN] Rain.000
Map Editor

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
Elites:
Aberration: added damage reduction of 20% which scales +0.5%/upg
---Too weak of a tank so added this in hopes that it wont be a garb unit anymore
Dusk wings: elite ups now increase range by +0.25 each and laser guidance now focuses more on cloak; no longer increases attack range but still increases abil range
---Cloak is now a bit more useful
Mini thors: can now use abil instantly upon spawn
---Universal
Sentry: GS dmg reduction decreased from 25% to 20%
---OP
Viking: Health upgrades no longer increase # of volleys
---Why are health ups increasing damage when you can upgrade damage for damage?

Mercs:
Roach: range increased from 5 to 5.5 and splash radius reduced from 0.5 to 0.4???
---Roaches are pretty bad now and they are not often used; maybe this wil bring them back

Heroes:
Festor fungal duration upgrade drastically reduced to a maximum of 6 sec from ~18sec
Festor fungal dmg tooltip fixed.
---Duration was ridiculous
Mando base snipe dmg increased to 350 and decreased summoned multiplier to 2.5???
---Summoned tag [facepalm]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are my thoughts. ANY INPUT? THANKS
Also, what are your thoughts on immortal and destroyer? They are hardly used and it's usually goliath if any T3 merc. I believe this is due to their slow attack speeds plus destroyer having projectile attack. Lancer, despite being projectile attack, can fend against ling rine just fine with its 0.4 attack speed, but destroyer with stim is 0.47.. which is not a huge difference but still makes a difference against a stream of lings. Immortal is non projectile but has 0.87 attack speed which is grievously slow compared to most other mercs. Aside from attack speed, all i can think of is meta affecting their effectiveness..

Report this post

Post subject: Re: 11/24/2019 Ideas
PostPosted: November 25th, 2019, 7:01 am 
Map Developer
[TryHrd] RememberMe.983
Map Editor

I think immortals is fine. They're not meant to counter goliaths, which is the ez amove merc everyone wants.
Immortals fair well when someone else goes voids or you need a tanky merc for your hero/elite.
I think late game immortals fairs well against late game marines so there's that.

What i don't like about festor is how slippery it is, while it doesn't have blink like a dt, it can move pretty fast burrowed. It can peel for itself with fungal which has "free range" btw. Its one of the least riskiest heros out there.

For festor i'd either reduce move speed or reduce fungal range, or make fungal a projectile like ladder so that there's a chance on dodging it.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 25th, 2019, 10:17 am 
Donor
[EsYPsY] sexy.121
SeexySauce won a Tournament 3 times.

i like the changes for the most part.

Immortals i think could use a little more splash in my opinion, they struggle super hard vs air, marines, and any melee.

Dessy are also never used so a buff on them would be nice.

SV imo needs a look at, two of its abilitys dont work. Bio plague is meant to help lower enemy units health, but it doesnt work at all. I would recommend either buffing the ability, or removing it and adding something better, perhaps something to give it a little more farm potential. IMO its the worst elite as it currently is

Report this post

PostPosted: November 25th, 2019, 2:30 pm 
Gardul.1228

first off, how cool is it that we have some changes coming?? this is great Rain, thanks!

Vikings - might want to increase the base # of volleys because they're pretty trash early, but late-game are stupid OP. Seek some middle ground there?

SV - agree with Seexy on bio plague. My suggestion would be a AOE dmg buff or AOE move reduction ability. As a mostly support/harass unit, this would be very helpful with engagements

Also, for the unintended consequences side of things, I'd be careful about reducing Vikings AND Mando summoned dmg because of the BC. Late game BC is a massive tank and these two units help keep it manageable. Not saying they're the only ones etc, but basically the BC will be unkillable late game now and you'll have to just manage against its energy... food for thought..

Report this post

PostPosted: November 26th, 2019, 6:53 pm 
Map Developer
[TryHrd] RememberMe.983
Map Editor

wtf, vikings projectile number is capped at 20 now, but the dmg scaling is still the same? shouldn't it be balanced a little? right now you can armor cap a viking in 4-5 upgrades early game, and then late late late game you need 6.

Report this post

PostPosted: December 11th, 2019, 5:02 pm 

remember when they shoot super fast lol

Report this post

[ 6 posts ]