All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: HT Storm
PostPosted: June 11th, 2020, 1:07 am 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
Have seen HT used often in scrims, but nobody morphs it into an HT Archon (this has been happening for a long time, but only recently has it been used by almost every team in multiple scrims).

In my opinion, this is due to the strength of max HT storm scaling with regular upgrades, which is too close to HTA storm scaling (thus making it not worth the risk to morph) - see values below:

HT storm = +1 initial damage, +11.2 damage over time
HTA storm = +15.8 damage over time
--> morphing max HT into HTA gives +3.6 scaling

Base values:
HT storm = 49 initial, 263.3 damage over 1.4 seconds
HTA storm = 330 damage over 2 seconds
--> morphing max HT into HTA gives +17.7 base damage

An unleveled HT's storm scales at +1 initial damage, +5.6 damage over time. Each level currently increases the damage over time scaling by +0.8.

I suggest changing this value from +0.8 to +0.1.

This means a max HT's storm would scale at +6.3 damage over time instead of +11.2, and the other levels would be adjusted accordingly.

Hopefully, this would incentivize players to morph the HT into an HTA, and not reward staying on max HT.
What are your thoughts?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: HT Storm
PostPosted: June 11th, 2020, 3:52 am 
Bjuna

Maybe thinking outside the box here but. I think currently HT is so strong because you can land a storm and instantly 1 shot any units underneath.

Perhaps maybe make leveling increase the amount of time a storm lasts on the field. but decrease the amount of damage per tick and make each tick longer, so that way we punish players who choose to sit in the storms, while keeping the zoning and large AOE damage HT is good for.

Currently if you cannot manage to impede the HT in any manner It instantly wins you a fight due to dropping a 200etc dmg storm that is almost instantaneous.

Per instance you change the values to something like
Base values:
HT storm = 49 initial, 250 damage over 2 seconds at ticks of every .4 seconds (this is enough to kill base marines over 1 second)
HTA storm = 330 damage over 2 seconds

so per say a max level HT has a 4 second storm rather than 2 with increased DOT but less initial burst

and keep HTA the same so if you want a nuclear bomb storm you pay the archon fee for it.
HTA=Higher burst/scaling
HT=Less initial damage more DOT and zoning
Just an idea.

Report this post

PostPosted: June 11th, 2020, 7:28 am 
Map Developer
[TryHrd] RememberMe.983
Map Editor

@akash,
I like this change. This still makes HT strong early, but not strong against everything in the mid game. To match the scaling of other units, HT players will be encouraged to go HTA.

@bjuna,
I think HT has to be bursty and has to punish low hp units like marines. if a max HT leaves a storm around for, say 7 seconds, that actually make it weaker. i think HT and HTA storms should fit the same role: an all around good burst/DOT spell.

IMO what i dont' like is the fact that HTA can recover energy from attacks. The problem with fighting a max energy HT is even worse with a max energy has-a-heart-beat-and-a-keyboard HTA player. I rarely see HTAs move out of base after storming 2-3 times. they go back to base and then replenish their energy by attack units. This lowers the risk for HTA players, ans shortens the window to counter attack for people playing aginst them. Not sure how to address this, but I just wanted to make a point.

Report this post

PostPosted: June 16th, 2020, 9:07 am 
Donor
[Royal] TheProstate.793

ur on crack if you think HT needs a buff

Report this post

[ 4 posts ]