It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: suggestions
PostPosted: June 20th, 2020, 8:34 pm 
[EzYzY] PANDA.474
ThePandaPaw won a Tournament 2 times. User avatar

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
DB - i think db range should be reduced slightly (like .5) since they can reach turrets from sides and db ball cast range should be reduced to like 10 and require vision. no reason for it to be so long imo.

Reavers- reduce armour scaling or starting. idk how much they just seem tooo tanky early on

ghost- snipe range reduce slightly since everyone complains

queen- nerf fungal root ability some how lol i dont think chain rooting is fair. like a damage dealing os

dt- reduce armour scaling and or put a cd on second blink since it can just blink in void for 1.8 secs and 2 secs late is can blink away at max lvl is insane strong

Report this post

Post subject: Re: suggestions
PostPosted: June 20th, 2020, 9:15 pm 
Map Developer
[TryHrd] RememberMe.983
Map Editor

ThePandaPaw wrote:
DB - i think db range should be reduced slightly (like .5) since they can reach turrets from sides and db ball cast range should be reduced to like 10 and require vision. no reason for it to be so long imo.

Reavers- reduce armour scaling or starting. idk how much they just seem tooo tanky early on

ghost- snipe range reduce slightly since everyone complains

queen- nerf fungal root ability some how lol i dont think chain rooting is fair. like a damage dealing os

dt- reduce armour scaling and or put a cd on second blink since it can just blink in void for 1.8 secs and 2 secs late is can blink away at max lvl is insane strong

DB - no opinion, this can be done

Reavers, we can nerf the armor again

Ghost- everyone is complaining about the auto attack range, not the snipe dmg

queen - i don't see why anyone would get queen if there was no root

dt - the armor scaling is 1 per upgrade, is that too much? I'm also for increasing DT blink cd

High templar - Cool down for storm. I'm thinking it starts at 7 in game seconds and with max levels, it will decrease to 5.25 seconds. That way its not stupid op and there's at least some risk when using HT.

Overseer - I'm thinking we should make changlings more spammable. Right now early game you can mass energy for 4 minutes and then lose 4 changlings to one marauder or any other splash. I think changlings should come more frequently, and with more numbers. The current cost of changlings is 50 energy and 10 bounty. I want everything scaled by 5 down so it should be 10 energy and 2 bounty.

Of course this comes with huge nerfs to changlings. The splash will be considerably small and maybe kill 2 rows of marines around it.

Changling synthesis will no longer increase the splash range of the changlings, it'll increase the move speed of the changlings.

I'm also looking to reduce the creep tumor county to 2, as if its a burrowed ling.

Observer - increase cost to 300 from (150)

Oracle - decrease cost to 150 from 300. Increase movespeed by 1. This thing is fast and does absolutely no dmg. It's basically a moving tower.

Report this post

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2020, 7:39 pm 
Donor
MicroJacksonMA won a Tournament 2 times.

DB - No change needed

Reavers - Nerf armor scaling

Ghost- Auto attack range nerf and snipe range nerf

queen - Not an issue

dt - Reduce armor scaling by .5

High templar - Revert the storm tick to 2.2 like it used to be instead of 1.7 or whatever it is currently

Oracle - Lower cost and upping speed would make it more viable for sure

Report this post

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2020, 9:00 am 
[EzYzY] PANDA.474
ThePandaPaw won a Tournament 2 times. User avatar

MrPocky wrote:
Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:15 pm

ghost- dont see issue for snipe dmg i think its more the snipe range. 3 dmg on ghost with ups wont kill a medi. I think they are annoying like reapers and viking early on but not op.

queen- maybe another ability than root ? if you arent perfect vs a queen you can lose all your army and elites in one fight. that seems like a issue.

dt- it just seems tanky but i wouldnt wanna nerf it too much so maybe just the cd on the second blink for now and we can see how that goes? also decrease the duration of void since i heard everyone thinks its too long.

oveerseer - idk why changlings need to be changed so much. and be more spammable? i think a simple decrease in dmg and splash radius is all that need to be done to them. also didnt we want to put a cap on changlings and i think we should do the same for tumors so that the game doesnt get so laggy?

ht- could use nerf. revert to older version. agree

obs- doesnt really get used so i dont think we need to increase the cost.

oracle- i agree!

Report this post

PostPosted: June 24th, 2020, 5:53 am 
Gardul.1228

re: Diamondbacks - I thought I had read in the last release notes that at least vision was required for the lob-bomb? I'll go back and read them, but that's not working if it was intended to have vision.

While debatable, I think that DBs are right there as the most dominate elite in the game with very little risk. Their auto-attack is strong, and with the upgrade - fast, so they feed well even if you don't land the bomb. And if you do land that bomb, it devastates an entire army early-game, so they become feed-monsters out of the gate, not to mention that the bomb can be used for map control as well, to help with flank-avoidance.

Also, it has cliff vision, so you can roam around and knock out towers simply using them, and it will go over cliffs to escape (especially useful on the side encounters).

Instead of nerfing them to the ground, my suggestion would be to make them much more vulnerable so you can take them out as an opposing team.

My suggestions:

- Reduce max range by 1: This eliminates hitting the towers from the side cliffs, but also makes the DBs closer to the front of the army when auto-attacking
- Fix bomb to require vision: This will take the skill level required up on them slightly, and require tower control for maximum effect (or support/AU/AH tower for scans)
- Remove the cliff vision and cliff walking: That would make them much more susceptible to flank attacks and much harder to keep alive long-term. This would put them on-par with Minithors that have a single devastating DPS special attack (barrage), but no secondary escape mechanism. Use them at your own risk..

My $.02...

Report this post

PostPosted: June 24th, 2020, 2:40 pm 
Mathilda.131

What? Since when were diamondbacks strong? they are squishy and fairly slow and bombs rarely land against decent players anyways, don't see a need for a change.

Ghost should have snipe and auto attack range slightly reduced.

Also you should raise the price of some elites, although not observer

Corrupter - At least 250 or 300
Ghost - 300 (too good to be 250)
Sentry - 300

Reaver attack is really high.

Agree with the HT changes above, cooldown is actually super smart idea.

Any way to nerf the starting marine build you see almost every lobby?

Report this post

PostPosted: June 28th, 2020, 9:36 am 
Map Developer
[TryHrd] RememberMe.983
Map Editor

Mathilda wrote:
What? Since when were diamondbacks strong? they are squishy and fairly slow and bombs rarely land against decent players anyways, don't see a need for a change.

Ghost should have snipe and auto attack range slightly reduced.

Also you should raise the price of some elites, although not observer

Corrupter - At least 250 or 300
Ghost - 300 (too good to be 250)
Sentry - 300

Reaver attack is really high.

Agree with the HT changes above, cooldown is actually super smart idea.

Any way to nerf the starting marine build you see almost every lobby?

I can increase the cost of the elites to match.

As for marines, i think going reavers against them is good. I like their high base dmg and scaling, so a reaver build can focus more on armor to stay on par with the marines.

Im also planning on making air good again... that should keep marines in check.

Report this post

PostPosted: August 13th, 2020, 8:59 am 
Mathilda.131

Devil Dogs - I think another tag should be added (currently only mechanical), these are super strong, fast, and tanky without much upgrades. Also strange how the things that counter mechanical are also countered by bats (dessy, sniper)

Corrupter - For only 200 minerals I believe this elite is way too good, destroys air and colossus, slows everything down heavily and causes increases damage taken. All this for 200 is pretty crazy, I believe increase to 300 and / or lower the values a bit.

When a team loses and there are only three teams left, I believe a SD countdown should begin as well, 15 or 20 minutes maybe? Games are a drag and incredibly boring when there are 3 teams early.

MrPocky wrote:
     Mathilda wrote:

As for marines, i think going reavers against them is good. I like their high base dmg and scaling, so a reaver build can focus more on armor to stay on par with the marines.

Im also planning on making air good again... that should keep marines in check.

Why should someone have to go air or reavers to counter the same marine build which you see every game? Nerfing tass which is one of the only few things you can do (agree'd it should of been nerfed) but not nerfing marines at the same time was a strange choice.

I think early marine starters are a real problem and are super OP early game and you see it incredibly frequently, can a poll or something be done to suggest changes or am I in the minority who thinks its an issue?

They are incredibly fast and blink is ridiculous. Maybe bring timers back on minors / majors or increase the speed penalty on the minors?

SD changes have been fun, thank you

Report this post

PostPosted: August 13th, 2020, 11:42 am 
Mathilda.131

Oh, also would it be possible to have a randomized team option? For example it doesn't matter what the lobby order is, the teams are randomized once the game starts? I feel this would be an amazing addition if possible.

Report this post

[ 9 posts ]