All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dark Templar
PostPosted: July 10th, 2020, 9:01 am 
Map Developer
[TryHrd] RememberMe.983
Map Editor

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
DT is pretty controversial here so let me share my take on this hero.

DT is by far a support role. By itself, it can't farm as much as other heros, and investing more and more into a dt doesn't necessarily mean it can farm more. When a dt is teched, it's main purpose is to void prism, whether thats to lock units down or disable spells, or take advantage of units being out of position.

Void prism cool down does not decrease with levels. That means that as you level it, it's threat is just as often as a level 0 dt. Where as other heros, they get energy regeneration and higher energy pools, so they can be effective more times, much more often, and more potent each time.

The strength of a dt comes with the army. A dt can only do so much. It can't solo an army and a hero; it relies on the army to focus a unit. I'm tired of people not recognizing the fact that army, usually blink marines, is what makes a composition strong. If we nerfed DT, we'll be at the same problem. There are so many units that can walk up and stun a unit; spectre lurker os mini thor queen. These units will be combo'd with lancers, air, raiders, blink marine.

Blink is the reason why it's OP.. These other units have to walk up and have no quick get away mechanism.

I see lots of discussion on people scanning and not being able to kill a dt. Please stop a moving a dt. Do you guys a move a colossus or a HT and expect it to die? of course not, you have to counter it. Disable the blink: OS stun, commando/spectre grenade, void prism, root. Honestly, the discussions to nerf armor or hp just indicates how poorly people understand the counters to a dt.

So, I agree, dt's blink in vp blink out combo might be strong, but it shouldn't be removed. By nerfing the CD of blink, the opportunity to land a stun or dmg the dt is increased. It's the most effective adjustment, considering everyone's concerns.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Dark Templar
PostPosted: July 11th, 2020, 11:55 am 
tylercm.1154

Or it can only have 1 blink instead of 2

Report this post

PostPosted: July 13th, 2020, 3:24 pm 
[EzYzY] PANDA.474
ThePandaPaw won a Tournament 2 times. User avatar

Imo a lvl 7 dt is forsure more threatening that a lvl 0 dt... Better attk (wider) and pretty tanky.. faster to blink away too

Stunning the dt now early game (esp early if someone lvls it) and trying to kill isn't really worth since it won't die.. its kinda tanky lol and getting an overseer is kinda bad open imo.. it'll just put you at a disadvantage overall if you don't kill the dt with stun and army. Overseer work best late game when u have a army. Also super hard for me atleast to land stun on dt if it comes in with the army like how most ppl use it.

And I didn't see anyone wanting the combo removed I think now most want a nerf on vp duration or Armour reduced since it seems tanky.

I personally think the issue is more vp duration. It's lasts way long.. esp late game. Nearly 2 seconds is forever with how fast marines kill things. I don't mind it being tankier since with void duration being nerfed more units can shoot at it anways and for a longer period of time before it blinks or walks away.

Report this post

PostPosted: July 13th, 2020, 4:29 pm 
Donor
[EsYPsY] sexy.121
SeexySauce won a Tournament 3 times.

I personally think just how tanky DT is from level 4 onward Is a issue. Not a lot of ways to kill it at that point because most armies don't have the damage. I would like to see it's midd level shield armor reduced. Or take away 2 blinks. Because let's be honest a dt has 0 risk with 2 blinks.

Report this post

PostPosted: July 13th, 2020, 4:43 pm 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

One problem I see is that DT has 2 blink charges while DTA only has 1 - why does the ultimate form have a weaker version of the same ability? I don't think this happens with any other ultimate hero.

Solutions could be to change DT blink to 1 charge, DTA blink to 2 charges, or both. If you want to nerf DT, I think the former option is a decent idea.

Report this post

PostPosted: July 13th, 2020, 8:00 pm 
Map Developer
[TryHrd] RememberMe.983
Map Editor

DT is also a melee unit. It needs the armor and everyone just wants to scan and amove it. I stun plenty of heros like HT and infestor and struggle a little less than killing a dt since they're ranged units. A simple scan and a stun and DT is also always back at base regenerating shields. As for an infestor or HT, they have full energy and they can still wipe out an army after those 8 seconds are over.

I'm down to leave DT with one charge and less CD, and then give DTA the same duration stun as lvl 7 dt (right now the DTA stun is like a level 3 or level 4 dt stun).

I absolutely agree with moxie on discord. A HT with army is so much tankier, stronger and easier to use than a blink rine army with dt. Its so easy to mess up to snipe a HT and the consequences are massive.

Report this post

PostPosted: July 13th, 2020, 8:08 pm 
Donor
[EsYPsY] sexy.121
SeexySauce won a Tournament 3 times.

I personally like the idea of increasing the size of dt. For me that's a huge problem is landing anything that counters it. After that you could give dt only 1 blink or swap dt void with da void. Imo dt is better when behind but da is better when you are ahead.

Report this post

PostPosted: July 13th, 2020, 8:46 pm 
[EzYzY] PANDA.474
ThePandaPaw won a Tournament 2 times. User avatar

i really think the issue is just the dts vp duration. i dont want its armour decreased either because i understand that it is a melee unit. with nerf the vp duration and making sure that the cd for the second blink away isnt shorter than the void itself i think thatll fix most issues. Also dont mind the idea of making it slightly bigger since i personally have trouble pointing it out to stun it. but i know that might be asking for a lot soo :) also i think dta is fine where it is scales nicely and i think making the dta void as long as the lvl 7 dt void will only make it stronger when i find it good now. dont think it needs to be same as dt since its far more tankier and deals way more dmg.

Report this post

PostPosted: July 14th, 2020, 4:35 am 
tylercm.1154

Another heroes and elites should not scale with other upgrades

Report this post

PostPosted: July 14th, 2020, 6:09 am 
Gardul.1228

I disagree that the DT does not feed. I know in scrims this is not the case, but in general game play, the DT itself is a viable open with a ling/lot combo which can be lethal. Upgrades to the DT expand it's impact dmg arc and really wreaks havoc early game. Yes, a scan will show it, but when you have 40 lings and a DT most people won't focus the Dt down while letting the lings/lots do dmg.

I think the single blink is a good solution because it'll make you use it with your army only, not solo run around since you can easily blink into trouble instead of blinking 2x and you're 1/2 way across the map.

Could think about taking the DT dmg down as well so it doesn't one-shot kill marines out of the gate. All just suggestions. Thanks for updating the game!

Report this post

[ 10 posts ]