It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Random balance stuff
PostPosted: April 12th, 2022, 9:48 pm 
starelf.440

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
Stalkers/lancers -
fine early, but their scaling into mid/late is just so terrible vs almost every merc. They also lose out on being a utility merc later, since they can't tank well for a hero and are slow besides blink (compare what you get later with lancers to destroyers, snipers, maraiders...)
it seems like the ONLY point of getting this merc now is to just grab towers (and hope they don't have a ghost/ravens/medi/snipers)
The point of lancers of course is to avoid people who counter you and force people who are weaker to fight you, and use blink micro to save weak stalkers, but I can do that with snipers + medivac already, without my units being extremely squishy and low dps
I think all lancers need is a buff to their hp scaling, and maybe a nerf on their starting hp since they start out much stronger than a lot of other mercs because of blink

Corruptor-
The corruption ability probably shouldn't even exist, or needs to be changed heavily since it breaks a lot of the balance in MA. Why get a dark archon when corruption will make your armor useless? Why build HB? Why play a position-based comp like mutas when you'll be slowed by 40%? And why does something with an ability this powerful cost 200 to rebuild...?
I think for now remove either the slow component or the damage boosting component, because it really does not need both

Commando -
am I missing something or there is no point in leveling this past 1 and just upgrading merc/marine dmg/hp instead? maybe conq effects should scale off levels?

Mothership - I haven't played with it that much but with lots of hp upgrades, lategame you can just perma vortex an ultimate hero/half of someone's army. Seems like vortex should have some cd to make it not so insane later.

Lurker - might need a larger hitbox since it's still really impossible to click on it compared to every other ultimate

zealots - why do these lose to every starting merc xd

HT- might just wanna remove feedback, it just nullifies a lot of strategies, like infestor vs ht is 100% HT player favored, commando has to hit a perfect conq grenade (and still won't kill the ht), elites have to stay miles away... it's just a hero that limits what strategies are viable.

Report this post

[ 1 post ]