It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: June 14th, 2019, 10:47 pm 
Bondbrain.693

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
     Gardul12 wrote:
My suggestion:

Change the build time to 45 seconds each statis ward and don't let the build be canceled.

That'll cut down on how many you can spam inside of a set period and make spamming them further from the back of the base much more risky because it will expose the oracle to quick sniping by an opposing army.

The net effect here is that yes, you could spam your base with stasis wards to prevent an all-in rush while you're killing another team (a problem that prolongs SD fwiw), but you'd have to plan this WELL in advance, and you can't prevent it 2x within a reasonable amount of time with a 45 second per-ward build time. Best case, you can have 4 up within 90 seconds with 2 oracles.. not exactly going to stop an all-in TBH.

Additionally, with these changes, if you can't kill the Oracle building a statis ward across the map for 45 seconds, that's not the unit's fault. That's a game already lost that had nothing to do with statis wards, so you might as well pack it up and quit.

Reasonable compromise?

Why descourage an all in rush?

Why descourage a come back?

Why slow down the game?

I was just playing a game with a lobby filled with top players, my ally's record was very very weak, by far the worst one. My ally went air and started building wards. I was a little bit ahead by that time not too much. But as soon as I saw him building those wards I knew the game was won. No matter how you look at it, wards discourages the opponents from rushing in and sneek attack you or flank you.

My ally kept spaming the defensive and tower zones with wards and he called it a home security zone!!!

In this case wards were VERY helpful for us. a small investement that gave us sooo much leverage.

You need to realise, this addition is very dumb and completly breaks the game and there is no counter to it.

Force fields are already very powerful defensive tools. I promise you, it will be much better to remove the wards for now.

Report this post

PostPosted: June 17th, 2019, 9:49 am 
Gardul.1228

You didn't even read my note because I'm on your side that they're a problem, but you're too insistent on being "right" about removing them that you can't read a fair compromise from anyone at this point.

Stubbornness can't see past nose I guess..

Report this post

PostPosted: June 17th, 2019, 6:13 pm 
Bondbrain.693

Gardul12 wrote:
You didn't even read my note because I'm on your side that they're a problem, but you're too insistent on being "right" about removing them that you can't read a fair compromise from anyone at this point.

Stubbornness can't see past nose I guess..

Range/air still maintain a considerable and cheap advantage here since they dont need to rush or flank a melee unit. THey can peacefuly camp their position and wait out the 45 seconds.

Statis wards outside the defensive zone are braking the game, plain and simple.

Report this post

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2