It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bug list
PostPosted: August 17th, 2016, 11:11 am 
Donor
[Ezmode] Gardul.111

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
Per request, this is a thread to request any bugs that currently exist in the game. I'll nominate myself to watch the thread and then consolidate them into a PM to Mythic. Please let's try to keep this for BUGs only, then we can initiate another thread for feature requests. I'll start:

Phoenix-eye - If active when the Phoenix runs out of energy is grayed out and is no longer capable of being triggered, even after the Nix gains energy back.

HoneyBadger - it prioritizes attacking Air targets over ground targets, even when ground targets are closer. This makes the HB easier to counter as you can use a high HP unit like BC or Corruptor to take damage from the HB instead of your ground forces.

Gas limit exceeded - I've not personally done this one, but I've seen it in action (Please someone correct me if I get this wrong). You can clone any hero and kill it which will refund Gas to you, effectively eliminating the gas limit which restricts the number of heroes a player can obtain.

Others?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Bug list
PostPosted: August 17th, 2016, 7:05 pm 
Donor

Mothership cloak. Same principle as with Nix.

You got the other ones I was going to mention.

Report this post

PostPosted: August 18th, 2016, 10:30 am 
Donor
[Ezmode] Gardul.111

PM summary provided. Mythic has some challenges with implementing which he needs Relic or Josin's help with. He's engaged them and we'll see what happens. Any more bugs people have found?

Report this post

PostPosted: August 18th, 2016, 1:33 pm 
Donor
[EsYPsY] sexy.121
SeexySauce won a Tournament 3 times.

Mythic can you please just publish a better version of the map back when everything was fun? Publish it for a week and see if the map gets more popular.

Report this post

PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 6:44 pm 
ModeratorMap DeveloperDonor
[TryHrd] Relic
Map Editor
Relic won a Tournament! User avatar

So..

With HB what happens is the scan range is longer on AA than ground, so it tends to find targets for that instead of just moving to cleave some more. Prolly should just remove its AA attack all together.

Sentry Gas bug so far seems a bit unfixable in current set up(same thing for them increasing leaderboard bounty) - since via trigger it currently cannot distinguish between a halu unit or real one on death frame. An actual proper bug fix on halu would have to entail a rather convoluted way to get around that. Much much easier to just remove hero from halu target in mean time.

Not sure yet for nix eye/moship cloak

Report this post

PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 7:14 pm 
Donor

Relic wrote:
So..

With HB what happens is the scan range is longer on AA than ground, so it tends to find targets for that instead of just moving to cleave some more. Prolly should just remove its AA attack all together.

Sentry Gas bug so far seems a bit unfixable in current set up(same thing for them increasing leaderboard bounty) - since via trigger it currently cannot distinguish between a halu unit or real one on death frame. An actual proper bug fix on halu would have to entail a rather convoluted way to get around that. Much much easier to just remove hero from halu target in mean time.

Not sure yet for nix eye/moship cloak

Can you just remove halluc all together? This exploit is being used more and more and by better and better players changing the dynamic of the game almost entirely. When someone has 3 heroes running around and isn't a noob then its gg.

Report this post

PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 8:05 pm 
Donor

After re reading your response, Relic, I didnt realize you had offered a solution of removing hero halluc.

Btw congrats on getting married. Game over haha.

Report this post

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2016, 5:51 am 
Donor
[Ezmode] Gardul.111

Relic, thanks for chiming in.

+1 for removing AA attack on HB. It's basically useless.

+1 on the hallucination option for heroes being removed. It wasn't in the game for a very long time, and since it's broken the gas mechanic it's being exploited badly now.

The nix and MS items are annoyances and real bugs, but they aren't priorities, and if they take a bunch to fix, I wouldn't worry about them.

Report this post

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2016, 11:11 am 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Units inside medi die from some splash attacks under the medi. This is only really intentionally exploitable by duskwings but still it's a bug.

Report this post

PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 8:16 pm 
Zealous.174

If Hallucination gas cannot be fixed, I vow it be removed and sentries be remade.

Currently, their early presence value is really low but late game (mainly because of hallucinations of Ultimates) is really high. If you want to keep the meta in that order, there are bunch of abilities from LotV sentries that you can consider.

If you can incorporate LotV.. I would exclude these spells to heroic, or nerf the ability if it is able to cast on heroic..

Spell that boost dps and range.

If you cannot incorporate LotV spells, then I suggest that upon casting guardian shield (that reduces dmg from range units), also boost the dps and range of army and allied units. Due the advantage range units already have in this map, you might want to make range boost very, very small. You might want to nerf the ability done to heroic units. This option will change the meta and give sentries the early presence I think they need.

Elite upgrades can be mana regen and cap (as is now); to replace hallucination, the duration and size of guardian shield with perhaps better stats in dmg reduction, and dps boost or range.

Aside from listed bugs, there is also a bug in elite upgrades that stacks the emp range of ghost and observers, when all four upgrades are purchased I believe it is the spell that has the highest cast range (outdoes OS stun). The scaling is fair on the mana reduction, but due to it's range, I can easily deny a HT archon, and a spec with little consequence.

Other things to consider:

Colossus also needs to be redone, perhaps not stat wise, but it's rag beam ability is so easily countered that like honeybadger and air, it's laughable. Perhaps you can leave the ability as is, but colossus doesn't have to remain static without farming (auto attack also stops)

Medibabe is SO much fun and so versatile. It's sad to admit that it's too good.. might need a nerf in pick up range or in turn acceleration. Let the elite upgrades scale it back... Because it is too simple to deny a lash, a ghost snipe, HSM, Yama. Some people may disagree with this but this is just imo.

Due to Queen leeching mana at constant rate after casted, it easily beats HT archon.. assuming both players cast FB and leech at the same time.. Since cast range is the same, Queen gets slightly bruised but full of energy, while HTA has a limited time to react, depleting much of it's precious energy. My suggestion is to buff HTA's FB range, while leaving it's mana regen as is... or buff it's regen but incorporate a short silence to units that are FB'd.

Report this post

PostPosted: August 27th, 2016, 3:48 pm 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

The extra gas bug isn't all that detrimental to the game imo. Firstly, it is pretty hard and risky to attempt controlling more than 1 hero. Secondly, it is useful because if your ally leaves, you don't get his gas. There are a few games I could only win by having a second hero (usually dta or HB for tanking), so I used the gas bug.

Also I don't think you should nerf medi - imo it's the best unit in the game from a design standpoint, being one of the few units that doesn't rely on dealing damage, but on negating it. In fact, I would argue the opposite - it's too easy to lash/snipe/hsm/yamato and medi evens the playing field a bit.

Report this post

PostPosted: August 28th, 2016, 8:49 pm 
Zealous.174

I have recommended before that gas should be restored when a partner leaves.

Risky or not, gas is there to limit heroic units, units that don't take up supply but provide a lot of leverage on the battlefield.

This thread also forgot to mention the infinite hallucination bug. That's probably the worst bug of sentries.

Report this post

[ 14 posts ]