All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Update log
PostPosted: January 8th, 2017, 3:22 am 
Tournament OfficialDonor
[EZmode] Rageypoo.232

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
     Sonoma wrote:
http://www.marinearena.info/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36&sid=d0ebcdcd5f5da6a59b15dbf918809e10

Really? Don't you think bringing EU drama to your forums is in poor taste?

Sonoma wrote:
btw eury, I know no self-respecting forum owner who would have engaged in a topic such as this, thanks for participating! :D

Ahem, Just saying...

Report this post

PostPosted: January 8th, 2017, 3:28 am 
Site Administrator
[CxxS] Sonoma

? was unaware linking to the very topic eury was referring to was bringing EU drama.

I am not a forum owner?

just sayin..

Report this post

PostPosted: January 8th, 2017, 3:46 am 
Tournament OfficialDonor
[EZmode] Rageypoo.232

Sonoma wrote:
? was unaware linking to the very topic eury was referring to was bringing EU drama.

I am not a forum owner?

just sayin..

Sonoma wrote:
Well you better get on it! Eury over at the Naruto EU Board is calling you US devs(including Josin as ring leader) as being money scam artists! Mythic I knew we should have kept a closer eye on you. >:(

And she was responding to you, honestly you're acting like a real bitch jackass, I know you are heated with Eury but don't bring it on me, I suggest you clean up this thread and delete all of it, starting with you blabbing about EU before you start breaking bridges.

Report this post

PostPosted: January 8th, 2017, 3:57 am 
Site Administrator
[CxxS] Sonoma

I hardly consider mentioning that a EU forum owner calling the US dev's here money scam artist as me being a "jackass" nor does it somehow justify you trying to compare apples to oranges with things said over there and here.

as far as breaking bridges, that was not my call and again you coming here trying to stir a pot only proves it. If you would like I would gladly continue this conversation over at the EU forum because you are right.. some of these posts do need to be cleaned up as these forums are not here for that "EU drama" you speak of. :)

I made a post for us.
Ragey's rant! - Marine Arena see you there!

Report this post

PostPosted: January 8th, 2017, 7:10 am 
Donor
[Ezmode] Gardul.111

#drama sheesh...

I will chime in and say that the map needs updating. There are lots of bugs with the current implementation and that is before we get into the topic of "Summoned" tags and other BS that is just wholly unpopular but left in regardless. Ninja updates without any changelog dont help. They badly surprise and confuse the hell out of people and only a few have the time and energy to figure out the changes (thus they are the only ones to take advantage).

My $.02

Report this post

PostPosted: January 8th, 2017, 8:03 am 
Donor
[Ezmode] Gardul.111

FWIW, I read that thread linked here and I have to admit that outside of the childish antics by both Sonoma and Eury, there are some interesting thoughts (summed best by Ragey). I see this whole situation as frustration coming to a head for a lot of folks. MA is a game that a lot of us play often. I spend a smallish part of my week each week in this game probably playing on average 5-8 games per week. This might be a lot or a little depending on your perspective, but regardless I still play the game. MA is both simple and complex at the same time, which is why it's so fun, but stealth (ninja) updates will ruin the experience. When you don't know an update happened because you didn't read the forums, that's on you. When an update happens but the changes weren't posted - that's on the Devs. Additionally, the maps is still buggy as all hell.

MS bug, Phoenix bug, Sniper merc bug, HB AA attack bug all persist and are bad. The summoned tag for Mando is still very unpopular mechanic for the game and unfairly punishes or helps (Mando is actually a viable and perhaps even preferred choice against Ultimate and T2 heroes but doesn't do shit against elites and T1????). The counter circle now is in question and OP units like Stalkers will rule the meta...

That's quite a list honestly and I think I'm missing quite a bit more of things that need changes. I said before (I think/hope at least ) that if the developers are simply unable to work on the game, then please pass the torch to others. The game dying is a self-fulling prophecy right now. You don't expand/improve the map you'll never keep the player base.

If all it takes is telling Josin you've got an update ready then... why aren't we getting any updates from 3 developers in almost 18 months now??

Report this post

PostPosted: January 8th, 2017, 8:16 am 
Site Administrator
[CxxS] Sonoma

Not played MA in some time so unaware of what it's like inside the game however I feel compelled to ask, could some of the issues at hand be caused by changing of SC2 itself? I know they had just recently released the last of the map packs or whatever they called those. I know when Blizzard had changed things to the core game in the past it caused all kinds of problems for MA so it just kind of sounds like that's what's going on and with the dev's being busy no one has been able to fix a problem caused by Blizzard themselves.

Report this post

PostPosted: January 8th, 2017, 9:40 am 
Donor
[Ezmode] Gardul.111

Most of what I outlined has existed for quite some time. While its possible they were originally bugs introduced by Blizzard, at this point only the sniper compound item is one that is a recent issue.

Can we eliminate the "devs being busy" narrative and just call it like it is please? I dont want a huge back-and-forth on it, but we're past the too-busy phase and into the "we just don't care enough" phase. After 18 months "too busy" isn't holding water as a reason for no updates.

Report this post

PostPosted: January 8th, 2017, 10:17 am 
Site Administrator
[CxxS] Sonoma

Well Mythic appears to be pretty active, I see him around almost everyday and he's been posting on the EU board. Maybe direct your concerns towards him? As Josin stated they only need to say that it's ready.

Report this post

PostPosted: January 8th, 2017, 10:45 am 
Donor
[Ezmode] Gardul.111

I post on this forum because thats where the US guys are supposed to post. Couldn't care less about the EU forum or game - i never play it.

Stalkers are the new IT thing btw... they are totally OP and scale on their armor way too well. Whatever update was done to them needs to be undone.. it's stupid OP right now.

Report this post

PostPosted: January 8th, 2017, 5:35 pm 
Tournament OfficialDonor
[EZmode] Rageypoo.232

Thanks Gardul, lemme sum up all the deflection in the last few posts in a few simple terms.

Sonoma wrote:
Not played MA in some time so unaware of what it's like inside the game however I feel compelled to ask, could some of the issues at hand be caused by changing of SC2 itself? I know they had just recently released the last of the map packs or whatever they called those. I know when Blizzard had changed things to the core game in the past it caused all kinds of problems for MA so it just kind of sounds like that's what's going on and with the dev's being busy no one has been able to fix a problem caused by Blizzard themselves.

Summary: It's not the devs fault, it must be blizzard! Despite having over a year to correct anything, it must just be them, oh wells. (funny how EU MA seems immune to this)

Sonoma wrote:
Well Mythic appears to be pretty active, I see him around almost everyday and he's been posting on the EU board. Maybe direct your concerns towards him? As Josin stated they only need to say that it's ready.

Summary: It's really your job to hunt down Mythic/Relic to work on the development of MA. Josin is clear of fault here, despite being capable of doing development himself.

There's just nothing but excuses and no one wants to take accountability or say what's really going on here, simply put, the devs stopped giving a shit and moved on in their lives, to believe anything else is completely foolish, who are we kidding here!? That's why people left MA, that's why the game still has bugs today, there's literally nothing else to assume here, just look at what happened and that should be explanation enough.

I don't think they did it as a scam, I don't think they did it for any other reason than their irl was more important.

Did it leave a sour taste in our mouths? Yes.
Could they have handled it better? Yes.
Are they going to do anything about it? No absolutely not, or they would have a long time ago.

Even Mythic in a recent post blames school for not making updates, just like Josin did. Everyone needs to figure it out by now, THEY DON'T CARE.

Last edited by Rageypoo on January 8th, 2017, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: January 8th, 2017, 5:51 pm 
Site Administrator
[CxxS] Sonoma

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1908

Report this post

PostPosted: January 9th, 2017, 8:28 pm 
Donor
[Ezmode] Gardul.111

Thanks for the diatribe of nonsense.... (rolls eyes)

Report this post

PostPosted: January 10th, 2017, 8:48 am 
Donor
[Ezmode] Gardul.111

TheTruth wrote:
Sigh...
Ragey raging as ever.

- Nonsense and inflammatory.

TheTruth wrote:
I'll try to explain this simply for you.
No one is at fault. No one has a job for MA.

Devs/people have busy lives. It is no one's job to go on a witch hunt and make them update the game.

- Nonsense because no one said they have a job or responsibility to update the game. The frustration, if you read the thread, is over the dev team doing nothing yet claiming stuff was in-the-works, THEN doing a ninja update without telling anyone. The reality here is that we've been basically pushing for new Devs to step up or for the current ones to please work on the map.

TheTruth wrote:
Busy or not, forgive their lack of motivation on updating a game with no compensation.

- Nonsense because why be a dev then if you're not wanting/willing to update the game? Last I checked they volunteered for this. If I volunteered to feed the homeless, sure I'm not obligated to do it, but if I never intended to do exactly that, then I would I take a spot from someone else? We're calling a spade a spade here and pointing out that the Devs we have aren't doing anything. Either help out, or move on and let someone else work on it is the summary of the points.

TheTruth wrote:
I have explained these reasons many times in the past. I have also said for everyone to stop talking about it.

-Nonsense because honestly who cares what you've brought up or said in the past about this subject. I've said things too which you can choose to care or not to care about.

TheTruth wrote:
It has only been brought up again because of the recent update and how unclear who the editor was.

Ok, I'll give you this one in that it is indeed sparked by that update. However, I will point out that this frustration has been coming for a while. If the guys who are devs want to just say "I'm not going to work on the map anymore" fine, say that, but they've not done that. The message has been "i'm busy <insert busy item here... frequently mid-terms>". Again, if you're not wanting to really work on the map, that's cool! Thanks for the help you did do, but make that known so at least an attempt to find someone else can start. Until you do that the whole community is stuck in neutral expecting something that isn't happening.

TheTruth wrote:
So one more time, the "devs" don't owe you or the game anything.
The game is old and small. No microtransactions or donations.

It's just a game.
Stop arguing.

-Nonsense... stop telling people what to do dude. We aren't entitled to anything other than our opinions - agreed, and we're sharing those. If you don't like that fine. Stop the web site, shut down the conduit for feedback and leave. Or better yet give up your moderator position because you clearly cannot handle disagreements.

TheTruth wrote:
P.s. Might want to be more reasonable when you say things.
Like put some actual thought and question how wrong you might be.

- Nonsense - take your own advice.

TheTruth wrote:
Look up the definition of "deflection" also. Just some advice.
The things you said here seem rather dogmatic and incendiary.

Also, I'm gonna need you calm down and humble yourself a bit, kthx.
Still salty over you calling me an "egotistical narcissist" and then trolling me because it's the internet.

Just stop. :l

- Nonsense and again inflammatory. Humble yourself???

Report this post

PostPosted: January 10th, 2017, 9:33 am 
Site Administrator
[CxxS] Sonoma

The current Dev's have stated they are all for anyone stepping up and becoming a Dev themselves. Since the "ownership" of the map (the person who can actually publish) has been addressed and the reasons why it is the way it is only leaves for someone to learn how to do the editor and step up rather than continuing to say the same things over and over again.

Stuff like "if your not going to do it then step aside and let someone else do it" is the part that those who do understand how all this works and the very fact that that none of the current dev's have to "step aside" for someone to "step up" is what makes dealing with this conversation frustrating.

The community only needs someone to step up, not for anyone to step aside to accomplish what they are after so rather than continuing to complain about the current dev's active state, either learn the editor and stand up or make posts that asks for someone to do it because nothing on the dev team needs to change.

Report this post

PostPosted: January 10th, 2017, 12:05 pm 
Site Administrator
[CxxS] Sonoma

TheTruth wrote:
Starting to really love the moderator bm, though.

Oh the irony huh truth? bwahaha

Report this post

PostPosted: January 10th, 2017, 12:16 pm 
Site Administrator
[CxxS] Sonoma

don't pretend like you never bm'd mods :p

Report this post

PostPosted: January 10th, 2017, 12:31 pm 
Tournament OfficialDonor
[EZmode] Rageypoo.232

TheTruth wrote:
Well for one thing, gardul, ragey said that it was Sonoma's job to hunt down the dev team to work in ma.

Are you kidding me dude? When did I ever say this!? Sonoma is a forum admin, what does he have anything to do with influencing the development team? It's the DEVS jobs to do their own work, all we can do is play the game and hope that it remains maintained. My point was that it was not ours to track em down and make them do anything as Sonoma was trying to infer.

Sonoma wrote:

Summary (as in what sonoma was saying): It's really your (as in GARDUL the person he was talking to) job to hunt down Mythic/Relic to work on the development of MA. Josin is clear of fault here, despite being capable of doing development himself.

Seriously, stop trying to drag me into this BS if you can't understand what I'm saying, and these paragraphs of white knight crap should stop, they can speak for themselves.

Report this post

PostPosted: January 10th, 2017, 12:53 pm 
Site Administrator
[CxxS] Sonoma

Rageypoo wrote:
It's really your job to hunt down Mythic/Relic to work on the development of MA.

was a saying you created Ragey, no one else. So don't say, Sonoma said.

Report this post

PostPosted: January 10th, 2017, 1:17 pm 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

TheTruth wrote:
Texting this quickly was so hard. :(

It's even more impressive than you think - Truf texted that 624 word essay using a flip phone D:

But in all seriousness, I'm not a fan of hating on devs :C

Report this post

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next