All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Euryleia
PostPosted: July 16th, 2020, 5:28 pm 
ModeratorTournament OfficialDonor
[Royal] Montezuma.829

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
Hey All,

It's with great sadness that I share with you that Euryleia has passed away after a long battle with breast cancer. Over the years, her and I became good friends from our time working on Blizzard / MA events and our love for the game. Before her passing, she wanted me to express her gratitude to you all for giving her years of enjoyment of the game she loved, and wanted you all to know that the "Mother of Marine Arena, loves you all".

Even after she stopped playing, Eury continued to pay for the domain names to ensure that we all had a place that we could call our "MA home". She truly loved this game and she will be greatly missed, no one can do videos like she could. Her wit was one of a kind and she was never short of words :P

Before her passing, I was able to get together with Raiden (EU) and Akash (US) to incorporate some changes to the game , to show our gratitude; she was beyond touched and thankful for all of our love and recognition.

I know this is a game, but some friendships from Marine Arena will continue to grow and become special. I hope everyone remains kind and enjoys the game.

Life is short, live it to the fullest.

I truly truly wish you all the best and lots of love.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Euryleia
PostPosted: July 17th, 2020, 1:09 am 
Noneya.123
hiho won a Tournament!

This is so sad.

I only got to know eury outside the game but we always had interesting discussions. You're too young to go too soon...

Goodbye eury.

Report this post

PostPosted: July 17th, 2020, 3:07 am 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Euryleia's contributions to the development of MA and its community were extensive and impactful. As an original beta tester, she helped Crayon create the game. She also frequently posted suggestions and feedback on the forums, and was not afraid to write entire essays in defense of her ideas.

Eury was also skilled in the art of filmmaking - this, combined with her passion for MA, led to the creation of inspirational highlight reels that I still enjoy watching. If you're interested, I highly recommend checking them out: https://www.youtube.com/user/euryleia847/videos.

Even after Eury drifted away from the US scene, I continued to discuss MA, travel, videos, and music with her on Skype. Years later, I had the chance to help host a tournament alongside Eury and Monty for MA EU. During that brief reunion, I was once again impressed by her organizational skills and commitment to integrity. I also found out that she revived the EU forums after they went down, and I'm sure there is more that I haven't mentioned or never even knew about.

The "Destroy Base Defenses" ability in MA US has been named "Eury's Fury" in her honor. It's not much, but I hope that it can serve as a memorial of her involvement in the MA community.

May Euryleia rest in peace.

Report this post

PostPosted: July 21st, 2020, 9:40 pm 
[EzYzY] PANDA.474
ThePandaPaw won a Tournament 2 times. User avatar

Did not know her as she was before my time but RIP Eury and thanks for helping promote and create the game we all know and love<3

Report this post

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2023, 10:15 am 
Donor
Ice won a Tournament!

wow I just see this now years later. RIP Euryleia

Report this post

[ 5 posts ]