CELEBRATING 10 YEARS OF TMA!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Strats VS Premades
PostPosted: March 24th, 2017, 8:39 am 

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
Hi guys,

Even though this forum is mostly dead I saw the post earlier and Hayden's reply sparked this in my mind.

Does anyone have any strats they enjoy using, or think are strong strats vs premade teams? I find it difficult to counter two players at once, and usually can handle premades until like the 10-20 min mark when they have hero(s) and elite(s).

Anyone have anything they like to do, or try do to vs premade teams?

Hope you guys have a good weekend :D

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Strats VS Premades
PostPosted: March 25th, 2017, 6:37 pm 
[TryHrd] Leddy

i like 2 ghosts with 2 tanks and a medi

Report this post

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 10:46 am 
[ClIQ] HaydenEliza

MrStabby wrote:
Hi guys,

Even though this forum is mostly dead I saw the post earlier and Hayden's reply sparked this in my mind.

Does anyone have any strats they enjoy using, or think are strong strats vs premade teams? I find it difficult to counter two players at once, and usually can handle premades until like the 10-20 min mark when they have hero(s) and elite(s).

Anyone have anything they like to do, or try do to vs premade teams?

Hope you guys have a good weekend :D

You do fine solo against premades, and I see you soloing often. Not sure why u are asking different strats. I think against premades it's all about positioning. Often time the 2 of them together will out feed you. I think the initial15min and how you are feeding against who at what map positioning is the most important. I don't think there are any real good prepared these days. Good players just don't play together anymore. but I have to admit, some people are just pro feeders and know how to feed better on pubs.

I prefer premades next to me rather than across of me. Because it's harder to stop their feed when they are across. At the end of the day, I rather play against premades dollars rather than room full of pubs. The game gets really stale if I feel like the opposing team isn't giving me a hard time.

There are just so many premades though that bm so much when they think they have the game in the bag. I don't see the bm being necessary against someone who's playing with a random player. In that retrospect ma is still the same and probably will never change.

Report this post

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 11:23 am 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

As far as position goes, I think it depends on what strategy I choose. If it's something that depends on speed and being everywhere on the map (rines, melee, air, etc.) then I want them cross, so it's harder for them to contain me. I would also want them cross if my strat depends on surprise, like rushing to 5.6k or merc bait-n-switch.

On the other hand, if it's something that relies on efficiency (Lancer, scives, etc.) then I want them next to me so I can limit their feed.

Regardless, I do not think that standard play is enough to beat a decent premade unless you are one of those gods that makes like 1 mistake every 100 games. There are a few players like that though (fatalist comes to mind).

Report this post

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 3:35 pm 
ralphwaldoem.322

how about that game we palyed against gerpums akash he went lancer and pretty much owned us granted im bad but still

Report this post

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 3:48 pm 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Hmm, I don't remember if he was cross or next to us. My personal preference is not to open lancers vs cross premade, but gerp is better than me so he can make it happen either way :P

Sometimes though, vs cross premade, I will open warps. If they go muta+dessies or something, I'd merc switch to lancer and counter easily. Have beaten some really strong premades who made this mistake.

Report this post

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 5:53 pm 
ralphwaldoem.322

he was cross

Report this post

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2017, 7:45 am 
UberOtter.123

Starcraft II Gateway: Europe
im a big fan of going banelings vs premades. 550*supply banelings +vulture + dt + overseers to prevent saviors and then you rush their cc with the banes. works every time 11/10

Report this post

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2017, 8:43 am 
Gardul.1228

gonorstrom wrote:
im a big fan of going banelings vs premades. 550*supply banelings +vulture + dt + overseers to prevent saviors and then you rush their cc with the banes. works every time 11/10

That's pretty extreme... lol

Report this post

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2017, 9:19 am 
Gardul.1228

I solo about 70% of the time and when you're up against a really good premade usually the game goes pretty much the same. The premade makes you pay for whatever merc you have by team-crushing you each time you leave the base (because you're the threat), then they feed on the other teams and your partner. If you're good enough, you'll last til the end, but the feed will be too much to overcome and you'll be overwhelmed with not enough supply to handle.

If the premade is not very good, then usually you can out-feed them and counter their heroes pretty well. For this I'll (in the current meta) go Tass+Gols (or Brutas) and then just try to out-up them with health since your units need to absorb essentially 2 for 1. If you are a good Tass player, you can wreck (especially with the current dmg bug).

Other strategy I have is DT+Tanklings. Tanklings scale really really well, but they're a mid-to-late game play only. Early, you're very susceptible to hard counters and you need a competent partner to at least not block you. IF you can get DT to level 2 and get tanklings < 10 minutes, then you'll probably be fine. Can be shut down hard by counters, but if the premade isn't very good, this will eventually out-scale most every unit with both individual stats as well as spawn rate. With VP on DT and some dmg ups on the DT, this can be lethal.

My $.02..

Report this post

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2017, 1:06 pm 
UberOtter.123

all sounds pretty nice but i can assure you my baneling strat works 12 out of 10 times

Report this post

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2017, 1:15 pm 
UberOtter.123

the strat i like lately though is brutalisks with a medivac, perhaps adding corruptors for the extra corruption damage and perhaps a colossus lategame. i use the medivac to pick up damaged brutalisks to not feed much and let them heal at the back of my army. since they are so tanky its pretty easy to pick the damaged ones up before they die.
baneling strat works better though

Report this post

[ 12 posts ]