It is currently April 18th, 2024, 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: November 4th, 2017, 7:27 pm 
Donor
MicroJacksonMA won a Tournament 2 times.

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
Being 3v1ed is so fun.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 4th, 2017, 7:43 pm 
Donor

MicroJacksonMA wrote:
Being 3v1ed is so fun.

Try being 6v2

Report this post

PostPosted: November 4th, 2017, 7:52 pm 
Donor

At least you have someone else to help you a little bit

Report this post

PostPosted: November 4th, 2017, 7:54 pm 
Donor
[EsYPsY] sexy.121
SeexySauce won a Tournament 3 times.

Haha you two are such babys! Get over it lel

Report this post

PostPosted: November 4th, 2017, 7:56 pm 
Donor

Yea man you just got a free win because of them. I would be saying the same matpat addy smurf heronarine to my list aswell.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 4th, 2017, 9:33 pm 
Donor

Jedione should get mvp for his "aggressive teamwork"

Report this post

PostPosted: November 4th, 2017, 10:31 pm 
Donor

I’d give it to HeroMarine for his amazing plays. Didn’t seem like anyone was really on his level the whole game that’s what I call “ahead of the curve”.

Last edited by MicroJacksonMA on November 4th, 2017, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 4th, 2017, 10:32 pm 
Donor

You spelled the name wrong in the stats, it’s “HeroMarine”

Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 3:18 am 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

There was a scrim tonight in which Archonlord couldn't understand why we thought he was BM. Here's an explanation, with some quotes.

Spoiler:
First of all, I admit choosing brutas wasn't the best choice, considering lancers next door on both sides. Even so, here are some conversations that could use some work.

A: Archonlord, M: MatPat

1. A: "why / would / you / go / that (bruta) / lancers here / gol / and they are going to !@#$ on you hard"
- Instead, try talking about merc with your ally before he chooses. For example, "hey, what merc are you thinking?"
- Even if you're upset that he chose bruta, you can simply say that, and think about what to do moving forward: "i don't think bruta was the best choice, what's your plan?"
- Both of these options seem much better. Also, your ally will play worse if you begin by cussing at him out of the gate.

2. M: "i think tyler is going straight to queen" | A: "wont amter (matter)"
- Your ally is attempting to discuss strategy, and you shoot him down. Instead, try: "gotcha, what do you think we should do?"

3. (at 19:15 game time) A: "can you let me take the lead / and support" | M: "k" | A: "yeah this is done" | M: "what? / dude" | A: "i should have gone / tass"
- Complaining about the game being over at 20 minutes is ridiculous, and makes it seem like you've never played in a scrim before. You can definitely still go tass. Additionally, complaining about a past decision does not accomplish anything in the present. Instead: "i'm going tass" would suffice.
- MatPat, or any player who is scrimming, doesn't need their ally to tell them that the team is behind. Just makes you seem annoying when you point out the obvious.

4. (about sasin feeding well) A: "not your fault / its just your comp / doesn't counter anything"
- This statement alone isn't bad, but you have to complete the thought by adding a solution. It comes across as passive-aggressive if you don't. Just add "maybe you should try going [unit]"

5. (unprovoked) A: "lol" | M: "?" | A: "nothing its just bad strat / together" | M: "are you like this with everyone you play with? / cause im not gonna lie dude, youre kinda annoying" | A: "allright / well you are kinda bad" ... (more BM)
- You already said/implied this about 5 times. Again, it's just annoying and useless to keep mentioning it. I'm wondering the same thing MatPat was.
- Followed up with blatant BM. Classy.

6. A: "any suggestions / because / im not sure" | M: (gives suggestion) | A: well i said hero 10 min ago / its too late now / tbh / we wont win / but / i would have went / goliaths / and / tas"
- Started off fine, asking for a suggestion. Could have responded to his suggestion with something like "ht+gol probably best, but maybe we can try ht" instead of complaining about past decisions.

7. A: "bruta is just generally not a good unit in a scrim / just slow / and immobile / live and lurn i guess" | M: "yeah, so when lumina goes bruta every time and wins / and i went bruta 2 games ago and got 2nd / that was just luck?" | A: "well in this game" ... (states the obvious) ... "im not trying to be annoying or shit on you"
- Inherently false that bruta is generally not a good unit - clearly you know this, and were trying to bait a response so you could yell at MatPat some more. MatPat unfortunately took the bait, after hearing you complain for 40 minutes.
- If you don't consider this being annoying/shitting on your ally, then I don't know what is.

I think the point has been made, so I'll stop here. Some more passive-aggressive banter happens, from both MatPat and Archonlord. Archonlord later complains to all chat, incurring the wrath of all the other players in the game. It's bad scrim ettiquette to complain about your ally in all chat - especially when it's someone like MatPat.

Final message to archonlord: You're a good player, but don't assume that everyone else is bad. To your credit, you didn't say what I thought, which was: "u !@#$% why did u choose bruta we lost now gg dumb!@#", but it was only one step short of that. You basically said "why did u choose bruta we lost now", and said it about 12 times. Learn to communicate with respect, and someday you could become a player that others like to play with :)

Yes, I spent a fair amount of time on this. I hope Archonlord can understand this to become a better and nicer player, so we can all have fun together in the future :)

The scrim in question is below (you won't see the allied chat between MatPat and Archonlord unless one of them posts the replay):

Attachments:
Marine Arena US (190).SC2Replay [2.19 MiB]
Downloaded 321 times
Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 5:22 am 
Donor

Three scrims tonight. Akash already posted the replay of #3 but ill give the rundown on each:

Scrim 1:
Team 1: MatPat, Farware
Team 2: Siddartha, Fenrir
Team 3: Rain, Iamnew (smurf for wangbehangin)
Team 4: Darkness, Akash

Spoiler:
Team 3 wins. I didn't quite see when rain pulled away but he did. I had some fun trying out some nukes w/ vortex. Well played again, Rain. One of these days I will legit beat you in a scrim.

Scrim 2:
Team 1: MatPat, Akash
Team 2: SexxySauce, Bluetrash
Team 3: Sassin, Farware
Team 4: Douche, JP

Spoiler:
Team 3 won. They team well together. Akash used firebates and did well with them (first I've seen them actually get used by someone good). Poor darkness got his merc center mede dropped like 3 times by yours truly. Akash also pulled out two saviors from team 4 pre-10.

Well played by T3.

Scrim 3:
Team 1: MatPat, Archonlordx
Team 2: Akash, Douche
Team 3: Leetpotato, Jp
Team 4: Sassin, Farware

Spoiler:
Team 4 wins again. This time by a landslide. Sassin and Farware team well together.
Gonna have to get them together more. Akash already posted his comments and the replay.
Sorry Raga for not getting you in on this one. That's my fault (I'll be honest I forgot).

Haha yeah mate I was just messing with you (per Darkness's request) :p

Thanks Akash and to everyone else who stoop up. This game is meant to be fun and toxic players and bad mouthing just suck the fun out of it. I'll leave it at that.

Attachments:
File comment: Scrim 1
Scrim matpat farware, sidd fenrir, rain wangbhang, akash darkness.SC2Replay [1.7 MiB]
Downloaded 322 times
File comment: Scrim 2
Scrim me akash, sexy bluetrash, farware sassin, jp douche.SC2Replay [1.82 MiB]
Downloaded 326 times
Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 9:24 am 
Donor

Archonlord loves to complain it’s very simple. last time I partied with him he was complaining about how I didn’t give him a chance to feed (I was 1.8k, rain was 1.8k, he was 9k and rains partner was 9k so still pretty close game so far). For me complaining is completely fine if it lifts your ego/spirit AFTER the game, not at the end but when it’s GAMEOVER. It’s also worth to mention matpat might have made a bad choice but in scrims there is always a chance to recover so maybe next time just keep playing and don’t put your ally down. Because in the end we all need one even the best players(*breathes in still salty bout the 3v1*).

Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 3:28 pm 
Donor

A pretty good scrim + Snowflakes first scrim win.
Remember good from my perspective :)
MVP = MrStabby for holding in there and doing pretty well by himself for 30-45 mins.
Spoiler:
T1: Darkness + Deathmaster
T2: HeroMarine(MicroJackson) + Snowflaked (Win)
T3:Darkshade + Arjay
T4: Mrstabby + Arby.

Attachments:
Marine Arena US (4).SC2Replay [3.17 MiB]
Downloaded 429 times
Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 4:21 pm 
archonlordX.282

I should post the replay with the allied chat msg. I wasnt very harsh at all. But he did end up making fun of my health and tumor that I have. I said I made a mistake by not going tass and he went a very bad tech path. He got defensive and I reinforced that it was bad. He organizes scrims and has to broadcast that I was critical of his play to everyone so he can feel good about his bad choices.

There was a defunct scrim that everyone left because he played one game with a pub and thought he was good. Gave him to me and of course he opens double tank camps them out front of the base and proceeds to get raped and then kills himself.

I can take criticism in game and give it out too. There was no BM involved on my end. But you can certainly request the replay and watch him degrade to tactics making fun of my real actual tumor that I have.

Attachments:
see mat make fun of my tumor hes classy.SC2Replay [2.2 MiB]
Downloaded 349 times
Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 4:50 pm 
archonlordX.282

42:30 if you want the health insult portion. Id look at the whole replay in context though if you think I was being incredibly bad BM. Maybe a bit overly critical, probably. But I did start out with criticism of myself and not going tass.

Don't be so quick to defend what matpat constitutes as BM. He was looking for peer validation as a scrim organizer and got it.

I have a reputation, however im trying to be nicer in my approach to telling people what I think needs to be done tactically instead of just swearing and actually BM'ing. I will wait for a peer consensus of the entire allied chat review in the replay to see if im still down the wrong track.

I also agree with you micro, I do complain a lot. Its part of me being OCD and overly competitive in what should be a fun game. Im working on it though and getting better.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 5:01 pm 
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

archonlord wrote:
I have a reputation, however im trying to be nicer in my approach to telling people what I think needs to be done tactically instead of just swearing and actually BM'ing. I will wait for a peer consensus of the entire allied chat review in the replay to see if im still down the wrong track.

I also agree with you micro, I do complain a lot. Its part of me being OCD and overly competitive in what should be a fun game. Im working on it though and getting better.

I'm glad to hear this; thank you for putting in the effort :)
Let's party up for the next scrim :D

Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 7:50 pm 
Donor

archonlordx wrote:
42:30 if you want the health insult portion. Id look at the whole replay in context though if you think I was being incredibly bad BM.

There's a clear miscommunication here so I will try to clear this up.

Prior to the game starting you and I were joking over private chat about how hectorp had blocked you for joking about your tumor. I made a joke about tumors, then stopped and asked politely and seriously how you felt about that because I wouldn't want to throw out personal insults or say something to offend you.

You responding by saying you didn't care at all. You made it very clear you did not care.

In game, I made a joke/playful banter to try and lighten the mood and suddenly you freak out and took it as a personal attack.

That was not my intention. I would not wish poor health on you or anyone. I see now that joking about a tumor even with previous discussed approval of the topic is risky business and can easily be taken the wrong way so for that I apologize.

Again, I want to make it clear, I do not wish poor health on you or on anyone and during the game I was trying to set a tone of playful banter not an insult. Recognize that over communication through text it is easy to get things misinterpreted which is what I think happened.

It is good to see you say you are trying to be nicer and more tactful about how you approach things and that you are ocd. Guess what? Everyone has their problems but some are just unaware of their own and/or aren't trying to better themselves. The fact you admit it and say you are actively working on those things shows good character and I admire that.

It gives me hope that someday I can unblock you and enjoy a game of MA with you again. For now though, I choose to willingly not have to deal with you and so I have blocked you from chat. If you feel the same towards me then by all means do the same.

For the record, as evidence of tonight, just because I block chat with you does not mean you won't be invited to scrims.

Cheers mate.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 8:01 pm 
Donor

You write this but don’t update the stats I see how it is.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 8:31 pm 
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Scrim with some oldies joining the fun:
Akash + Rain
pepe + Darkness
Archonlord + Jpxp
Grayson + Mythic

Grayson forcevoted Classic Mode - the first scrim that we've had on Classic, I'm pretty sure.
Darkness tried the HB for lolz, but it didn't work out - only the god TamilTiger knows the secrets of HB :P
Nice to see op Grayson + Mystic taking a break from overwatch to grace us with their presence :D
Team 3 played well, holding off Darkness on one side and Grayson on the other.

Feat. MatPat observer RQ hehe
Spoiler:
Akash + Rain win

Also, Rain streamed it, with convo between him+me+Mac: Twitch

Attachments:
scrim with rain vs oldies.SC2Replay [4.27 MiB]
Downloaded 405 times
Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 9:04 pm 
Donor
snowflaked.1113
Donor

MicroJackson you da man

Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 9:35 pm 
Donor

Hahaha obs rq! I'm totally adding that to the stats page.

Micro what am I missing on the scrim stats?

Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 9:37 pm 
Donor

One me and darkness won and another that me and snowflaked won.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 10:01 pm 
Donor

MicroJacksonMA wrote:
One me and darkness won and another that me and snowflaked won.

Oh yeah I heard about you and snowflake. He said it was legit. Post the replay.

Watched the replay on the other scrim and its accepted. I try not to include scrim wins with unusual circumstances but I watched the replay and it was legit despite the ragequit and intentional feed.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 10:03 pm 
Donor

MicroJacksonMA wrote:
MVP = MrStabby for holding in there and doing pretty well by himself for 30-45 mins.
Spoiler:

What intentional feed?

Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 10:11 pm 
Donor

MicroJacksonMA wrote:
     MicroJacksonMA wrote:
Spoiler:

What intentional feed?

Intentional on the one with you and darkness.

Report this post

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 10:14 pm 
Donor

Well he wasn’t feeding us and we still won.

Report this post

[ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next