CELEBRATING 10 YEARS OF TMA!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: July 10th, 2019, 6:56 am 

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
I was lurking/looking through the forums to learn as much about MA as I can before I play it and two threads caught my eye:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2071

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2070

I noticed that you guys were able to get an arcade map taken down because it had cheats built in. Therefore I was wondering if you'd ever considered trying to bring other cheaters to justice even if they don't have anything to do with MA. Dimento has a long and proven history of abuse in his maps particularly his parasite map. Therefore I was wondering if Akash and/or Josin would be interested in coordinating an effort to bring Dimento down once and for all.

Report this post

PostPosted: July 10th, 2019, 6:12 pm 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
Hi welikeike, welcome to the forums! If you haven't already, I'd recommend checking out the Guides section and the scrim replay thread.

As far as the cheating situation goes - I think we were only able to get the map removed because he hacked our map to create an identical copy of it, then added his own cheats. Blizzard probably acted on the basis of hacking a locked map rather than cheating. So, even if we wanted to, I don't think we would have much success with Dimento.

Report this post

[ 2 posts ]