All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Its time
PostPosted: August 9th, 2017, 9:19 am 
Donor
[EsYPsY] sexy.121
SeexySauce won a Tournament 3 times.

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
Soo I looked how ma is doing and its ranked 19.... so its time we say screw it and revert map back to tourney 7 map. Back when units were good and people actually liked the map. Any Dev still active should do it. K thats all I have to say.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Its time
PostPosted: August 9th, 2017, 3:01 pm 
Donor

Sadly I think a change at this point would be a step in the wrong direction.

MA is dying because SC2 is dying. However, the community itself has grown much more positive. I rarely play games with people bad mouthing or being toxic. So the community stays alive.

Scrims still happen, and pubs are still very frequent. It's not unusual for the game to be on the front page of most played arcade games.

The devs have asked for any volunteers to step up and so far no one has. Everyone is too busy to invest into a dying game, and that's okay.

Maybe (doubtfully) Starcraft remastered will draw in a new crowd and there can be a Marine Arena for that.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Its time
PostPosted: August 10th, 2017, 7:06 pm 
Map DeveloperTournament Official
[TryHrd] Mythic.410
Map Editor

Yeah, the OG starcraft map editor (as well as StarEdit) is pretty lacking in terms of what we can do with upgrades and custom units, so an adaptation of MA for that would definitely be impossible.

Also, I have a gut feeling that the nostalgia for Starcraft remastered will wear off pretty fast, so don't expect a long shelf life for it.

Either way, remember that Starcraft 2 is a 7 year old game. The amount of effort that we can realistically put in is... minimal. That being said, if SC3 (or even WC4) ever comes out, I'll 100% be looking forward to helping build MA for it!

Report this post

[ 3 posts ]