CELEBRATING 10 YEARS OF TMA!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: June 26th, 2019, 8:42 pm 

Starcraft II Gateway: United States
Instead of making mobs less powerful and buildings more powerful...

-Start with 750 mineral
-High income = 20 mineral instead of 10 per tick
-10 minute mark grants 1,000 mineral
-Radar Tower and subsequent advanced towers cost half to make/evolve and do so twice as fast
-Planetary Fortress cost reduced to 300 and transforms twice as fast

Report this post

PostPosted: June 26th, 2019, 11:38 pm 
ModeratorMap DeveloperBeta TesterDonor
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Hi TwinKill - welcome to the forums, and thank you for providing suggestions!

It looks like your ideas are aimed at making it easier to survive - however, I do feel that this is a slight overreaction given that it's only been a couple days. The development team wanted to make it challenging but fair, and based on testing/early feedback we feel that it is actually not challenging enough in the lategame. As a result, there are currently plans to implement micro capabilities for the AI and increase the speed of lategame (post-30 minute) AI upgrade scaling.

We do feel that with time, more players will adapt to and easily be able to survive against the current difficulty level. I would suggest exploring different strategies/tactics, or possibly watching replays of how strong players deal with the spawns. For example, contesting mid early (while spawns are weak) and buying upgraded base defense seem to be common themes.

Report this post

PostPosted: June 27th, 2019, 7:45 am 
Donor
[EsYPsY] sexy.121
SeexySauce won a Tournament 3 times.

Or just don't be bad....

Report this post

PostPosted: June 27th, 2019, 7:16 pm 

Akash wrote:

It looks like your ideas are aimed at making it easier to survive - however, I do feel that this is a slight overreaction given that it's only been a couple days. The development team wanted to make it challenging but fair, and based on testing/early feedback we feel that it is actually not challenging enough in the lategame. As a result, there are currently plans to implement micro capabilities for the AI and increase the speed of lategame (post-30 minute) AI upgrade scaling.

We do feel that with time, more players will adapt to and easily be able to survive against the current difficulty level. I would suggest exploring different strategies/tactics, or possibly watching replays of how strong players deal with the spawns. For example, contesting mid early (while spawns are weak) and buying upgraded base defense seem to be common themes.

Alright I didn't realize people figured it out already, I have played it over 10 times already and nobody made it past the 12 minute mark. I'm also quite good myself and got overwhelmed around the same time. I'm aware of the mechanics and PF and what not, did it all and found that I wasn't getting enough minerals to sustain the push.

Will keep trying though :D

Report this post

PostPosted: June 27th, 2019, 7:34 pm 
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

Haha yep, and you're not the only strong player to struggle at first - many top-tier scrim-level players have reported initial difficulty in surviving, especially those who never played zombie/invasion mode a long time ago. It definitely requires a different mindset and skillset.

Glad to hear that you'll keep trying! :D

Report this post

PostPosted: July 9th, 2019, 10:09 pm 
Map Developer
[TryHrd] RememberMe.983
Map Editor

Akash wrote:

Can't even watch replays since no one plays this mode :C i think it was initially too difficult.

Report this post

PostPosted: July 12th, 2019, 11:33 am 
Gardul.1228

Quote:
Can't even watch replays since no one plays this mode :C i think it was initially too difficult.

I actually agree with this.. it is very hard to survive for the first 15 minutes, but if you do then Marines tend to scale against the invaders well. Usually this mode comes down to 2 teams with fully upped heroes (Odin and Colo for air and splash respectively) and massively upped marines.

As for a suggestion for improvements.. It usually becomes very unbalanced for income between members of the same team. Once you pass a certain point (retreat to base and load marines into bunkers), you start to outpace your partner in a very serious way which makes it virtually impossible for them to help you in a material way. My suggestion would be to share the income from spawn kills (not from other player kills - if that's possible).

Otherwise it tends to get boring just being cannon fodder and not really even having an option to get kills after about 20 minutes as the teammate who has fallen behind.

Report this post

PostPosted: July 12th, 2019, 8:56 pm 
[TryHrd] Akash.566
Map Editor

After observing for a couple weeks, we agree with the concerns about difficulty and income disparity.

Currently looking into a few different solutions to see what's possible. Some ideas include multiple difficulty settings, day/night cycles, and income splitting.

Thanks for the feedback!

Report this post

PostPosted: July 16th, 2019, 6:07 am 
Map Developer
[TryHrd] RememberMe.983
Map Editor

my suggestion is to increase the time in between the waves. it allows for easier aggression between players in the early game to screw a team over, and it allows more time for teams to build up mass.

it would extend the game longer, and it would give opportunity for a team ahead to run over to another corner to mess stuff up.

old invasion was different because the waves were too weak, but properly timed/ upgraded.

I under stand that there's supposed to be a challenge, but i would call it survival instead of invasion.

Report this post

[ 9 posts ]